The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So I'm curious. Do non sub sonic rounds like 9mm 115 grain and 124 grain shoot dirtier / create more backpressure, etc than, 147 grain sub sonic when shooting suppressed?

This is my first suppressor and to be honest, I've never delvd in to deep on reading tons about them.
    The short answer is, "Yes".

The medium answer is, "Given the same brand of ammo and a typical gas gun, the higher the pressure, the more blow back you will have and thus more dirt. Ammo brands, powder, etc will all be a little different. Difference is less noticeable in a piston gun and hardly at all in bolt gun. Suppressor design (flow through or not, length, etc) with impact this as well. Barrel length, gas system - all factors. Not to mention wind direction - which can make a little blowback seem like a lot."

The long answer is too complex for me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The short answer is, "Yes".

The medium answer is, "Given the same brand of ammo and a typical gas gun, the higher the pressure, the more blow back you will have and thus more dirt. Ammo brands, powder, etc will all be a little different. Difference is less noticeable in a piston gun and hardly at all in bolt gun. Suppressor design (flow through or not, length, etc) with impact this as well. Barrel length, gas system - all factors. Not to mention wind direction - which can make a little blowback seem like a lot."

The long answer is too complex for me.
    All good. I don't have any 147 grain ammo and just shot some 147 at Andrew's place that he gave me. The rest has been 115 and 124 and it seems to make sense this would be the case, but I haven't had an isolated 147 grain range trip to really compare.

I'm starting to do some video watching on flow through vs standard suppressors as well.

That said, I really like this thing. I considered the Scorpion 3+ micro a subjectively loud gun and being able to pull off the hearing pro and shoot it is a pretty cool thing.

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Do they take CZ75 magazines?
    Yes, according to the internet. It’s based off of the Tanfoglio Witness small frame which is based off of the CZ 75.

I did some research today and found out that Tanfoglio and Sarsilmaz were partners at one point and that’s how Sar got into the CZ “clone” business. When I first got into the CZ realm I thought that Tanfoglio was a knock off, but many their modern pistols are just as nice or nicer than CZs. (Is it heresy to say that here?) I’ve been very impressed with my Tanfoglio. According to internet reviews the Sar is comparable to Tanfoglio in quality. However, I still take that with a grain of salt if I don’t personally know the reviewer.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes, according to the internet. It’s based off of the Tanfoglio Witness small frame which is based off of the CZ 75.

I did some research today and found out that Tanfoglio and Sarsilmaz were partners at one point and that’s how Sar got into the CZ “clone” business. When I first got into the CZ realm I thought that Tanfoglio was a knock off, but many their modern pistols are just as nice or nicer than CZs. (Is it heresy to say that here?) I’ve been very impressed with my Tanfoglio. According to internet reviews the Sar is comparable to Tanfoglio in quality. However, I still take that with a grain of salt if I don’t personally know the reviewer.
    I also like a nice stainless steel firearm. As you described above.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

In my experience, the clones can have better machine work and improved design updates over CZs. But they then throw all of that improvement away by using roll pins in place of captured pins in the trigger and hammer.

Roll pins are functionally fine, but solid pins give a better trigger feel. Especially as a gun ages. CZ has embraced roll pins as well in poly guns, so they are just a fact of modern gun design.

The end result is that the clones make for some great shooters but if you want to take a trigger to near perfection, and have it stay there for a long time, an old style CZ 75 is possibly a better starting point.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I ordered the tactical oven mitt otherwise known as the "Mechanix Wear: Tactical Specialty X-Pad Suppressor Handler - Heat and Flame Resistant CarbonX Technology Rated to 2000F, DuPont Kevlar Stitching (Black)" but what I received was the Suppressor cover.

When I was opening up the package I thought this is pretty small, then I realized why.

Contact sent to the seller via Amazon. Let's see how they handle this.

I got the suppressor pouch or tactical tube sock a couple of days ago and it seems ok so far.
    Got this response this morning in Amazon portal from my contact over the weekend:

"Hey there, I am sending you the X-Pad. Something must have gotten mixed up when we were shipping. I apologize for this. Here is the tracking number for the X-Pad: xxxxx Please do not worry about sending us the cover back due to our mistake. Thank you, Wet Worx Outfitters"

Pretty happy with their handling of this so far.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...The end result is that the clones make for some great shooters but if you want to take a trigger to near perfection, and have it stay there for a long time, an old style CZ 75 is possibly a better starting point.

Or you can go with a 1911 based pistol for a truely fine trigger.

This message was brought to you in memory of CM.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Or you can go with a 1911 based pistol for a truely fine trigger.

This message was brought to you in memory of CM.

CM also liked to show how a 1911 could be used as a fine tool to 'whomp' somebody on the head !
    As guys like us (who came of age in the 60's) would do, this included a demonstration of the proper 'whomping' technique ..... to the great glee of us both.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom