The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was more concerned about taking off the faux can on the pistol. Didn't want to mar it up or anything.
    Oh, we got that off. I guess I misunderstood. I thought there was concern with mounting the trilug in the recessed handguard to spec. Looks like Rugged says 20-25 ft lbs and red loctite? Any concerns there? If not, I'll definitely make an appointment and just get down there on Sunday and get this moving.

These pics are with the tri lug hand tightened on there. Obviously the barrel threading is quite recessed. To remove the handguard requires barrel nut to be removed and I don't want to go there for this.

For other's reference here's the HBI tri lug wrench I have on order (for now and future use) along with trigger, trigger springs, etc that I'm looking at having Allen drop in for me https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/3-lug-adapter-wrench-tool/

20240613_194601903_iOS - Copy.jpg
    20240613_194605352_iOS - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I missed the range report if you posted it. How do you like that HK “Goldilocks” gun?

Took it to the range once. lol. Loved it. Bought a vp9 match and a p30l to go along with them. Haven’t fired the vp9 and won’t until at least July.

I am an Hk guy (well. When you guys are not looking) now. lol

Except I brought this home today.

556e9b9f75b2598955439e3702b172e6.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    ummm .... just go to pick up your can from Andrew and bring all your pieces and parts ... you think he doesn't have the correct wrench or wherewithal to get your kit all put together? After he gets you all sorted out, then you get to test everything on his range.

Please disregard my previous post. You may refer to this one.

b9ac25e20e6d143c13169f123e8ce84b.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Oh and should say:

• efiled on 5/23,
    • Fp cards received by ATF on 5/28
    • and approved on 6/13.
    Andrew took care of everything and answered about 42 bajillion questions I had along the way, including efile, can and mount and tools, and everything else one could possibly ask, over email and multiple calls. @Aszerigan has the patience of a saint.

I can get nervous when govt, $$$ and technical concerns intersect.

I'm sure I'll have only 10 bajillion questions regarding any future suppressor purchases ;-)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Oh and should say:

• efiled on 5/23,
    • Fp cards received by ATF on 5/28
    • and approved on 6/13.
    Andrew took care of everything and answered about 42 bajillion questions I had along the way, including efile, can and mount and tools, and everything else one could possibly ask, over email and multiple calls. @Aszerigan has the patience of a saint.

I'm sure I'll have only 10 bajillion questions regarding any future suppressor purchases ;-)
    He's got to do it to keep the business running. Can't pawn it off on the help, they're not that smart. :whistle:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Took it to the range once. lol. Loved it. Bought a vp9 match and a p30l to go along with them. Haven’t fired the vp9 and won’t until at least July.

I am an Hk guy (well. When you guys are not looking) now. lol

Except I brought this home today.

556e9b9f75b2598955439e3702b172e6.jpg
    That's just like my first CZ I ever bought. I still have it and was shooting it at the SGE this year. I think I'm getting close to 5K rounds through it by now.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    That's just like my first CZ I ever bought. I still have it and was shooting it at the SGE this year. I think I'm getting close to 5K rounds through it by now.
    Not sure what the future holds for this one. Might mill it for a red dot. Going to try an MCarbo spring kit and some polishing instead of CGW parts - just as an experiment. Spring kit is $40....

I still have my first CZ...no where near 5000 rounds or even 500...sad, I know...

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I continue to get PM's on items I have in the classifieds (not all on the same item) from folks with absolutely no history on the forum, no feedback, etc. I turn them away politely. Anyone else getting these? Seems a little sketch. Often they are site supporters, but still not worth taking a chance IMO.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I continue to get PM's on items I have in the classifieds (not all on the same item) from folks with absolutely no history on the forum, no feedback, etc. I turn them away politely. Anyone else getting these? Seems a little sketch. Often they are site supporters, but still not worth taking a chance IMO.
    If you never sell, you never have this issue. :-)

I guess I don't pay much attention to feedback but expect a few posts. Would depend on the item. If they pay and you ship, I wouldn't hesitate. If it is a drive an hour and meet in a dark alley just down from the strip club, I might take pause.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n fellas :bgoOJ:

Late start to the day here. The storms hit hard with heavy rain and winds here, kept me up til the wee hours of the morning. Had to pull a tree from my property out of the road, old Ford did a fine job. A couple other trees took some damage but didn't care at 3am, thought they could wait til today to address. Beautiful sun but like a sauna already. Going to be a sweat factory today, yay..

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you never sell, you never have this issue. :-)

I guess I don't pay much attention to feedback but expect a few posts. Would depend on the item. If they pay and you ship, I wouldn't hesitate. If it is a drive an hour and meet in a dark alley just down from the strip club, I might take pause.
    Yeah, similar, but when it's actually a serial numbered item I get a little more concerned when absolutely no posts, no feedback, no activity at all.

8a5144c3c5cdca0e882710e076bd252c.jpeg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yeah, similar, but when it's actually a serial numbered item I get a little more concerned when absolutely no posts, no feedback, no activity at all.
    When it comes to a firearm sale, the slightest hesitation is a no sale. IMO

You can ask @Born2vette , I didn't sell him a gun until he had well established himself with a few thousand posts. :stickpoke: :lmfao:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I had ordered my trilug adapter and mount some time back and have those, but I was slow on ordering the wrench adapter for being able to tighten/torque the trilug proper in a recessed barrel situation and only got that order in today. HBI printed the shipping label but no way I'll have it for the weekend, so I may do one of 2 things.

• Go meet Andrew on Sunday and pick up my can but not mount/shoot it until such time as I get the HBI tri lug wrench in and get Allen to torque it to the proper specs.
    • Hold off on going to Andrew's and wait for the wrench, get the tri lug all mounted up to proper spec with help from Allen, then head down to Andrew's and mount the can up and shoot it while I'm there.
    Leaning toward the 2nd, but that does put me out longer in getting the can and likely shooting it.

Come on down !

Top Bottom