The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My last 1911 45 acp sold this past weekend. I did pick up a Colt 9 mm 1911 awhile back. I will keep my CZ 97 long enough to shoot up all my 45 ammo! Depending on what reloading components will cost by the end of the year, the 97 my go up for sale. I will be down to 1 AR by this weekend. Kathy is no longer able to work due to all her medical issues so I am reducing my collection down to help pay the bills until her Soc Sec starts Jan 2025. Checking out disability also but I do not think you can apply for both and the later could take longer than I could afford.
    I'm sure that a bunch of us would jump at the chance to join a loaner program. We'd send you a pistol and over the course of something like 3 months or so, you shoot the crap out of it, with maybe a bit of tuning on the existing parts. After 3 months, you send it back and take the next pistol in line. Shoot, tune, repeat...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Reaching back in time to correct a cartridge mistake today. I've got some 44 Colt ammo assembled where the bullet is too wide as I sized some .454 instead of .452. I resized the bullets but had about 30 assembled before discovering my mistake. Heeled cartridges don't do well being taken apart and reassembled so I wanted to try sizing the bullet while still on the cartridge. BP lube doesn't do well in the Lee size dies, but I remembered Kent Lamont telling me that different steels and different situations can be worked out with a combination of lubes. I've kept my Automags running on a mix of moly grease and STP since the 80s and they have never failed. I applied the SPG lube on the bullets as normal but then a thin coating of Alox to let it slide through the Lee push through die. I used a wide punch to then drive the cartridge out of the die from the top.

duallube.jpg
    Gotta keep that old Richards spitting.:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Seriously contemplating this Sig P226 SAO legion with optic that PSA has on sale. I missed on the 229 sao legion with optic that Gunprime.com had as an even better deal earlier this week because I was skittish of gunprime.com

(I called them to ask a question and they did answer the phone, which alleviated my concern but they were out of stock by that time).

I'm wanting the 229 but for my uses really it would not matter if I went 226. It's just in my head that I want a 229 vs 226.

Decisions...

Update : should have jumped 226 out of stock

On another note had a consult with spine surgeon. Have to go in for a test at the Carmel office later next week and then we decide action plan (unless we have to do the test more than once since they don't like to do the test more than once in the same day).

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    CZECH CZ-82 9X18 MAKAROV PISTOL X GRADE
    $250
    Are these X grades worth it?
    I like mine but went ahead and did a home rust blue on it. Out of the box I thought it was in better than X grade condition. It shot well and is an accurate little pistol.

As it came from AIM
    1718242873513.jpeg
    1718242910732.jpeg
    After home rust blue. While I had it tore down I replaced all the springs but I don’t think it was necessary.
    1718242994586.jpeg
    1718243061114.jpeg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Seriously contemplating this Sig P226 SAO legion with optic that PSA has on sale. I missed on the 229 sao legion with optic that Gunprime.com had as an even better deal earlier this week because I was skittish of gunprime.com

(I called them to ask a question and they did answer the phone, which alleviated my concern but they were out of stock by that time).

I'm wanting the 229 but for my uses really it would not matter if I went 226. It's just in my head that I want a 229 vs 226.

Decisions...

On another note had a consult with spine surgeon. Have to go in for a test at the Carmel office later next week and then we decide action plan (unless we have to do the test more than once since they don't like to do the test more than once in the same day).

Maybe (because it didn't work-out) fate was telling you to wait on a 229 ..... currently owning both, that would be my choice. But of course, it isn't my choice ! :D

I do hope that your're on a good trajectory with your new spine surgeon. :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I returned from my youngest daughter's house a bit ago. She invited me to "early Father's Day", because like most younger people, she has weekend plans.
    We had pizza, watched a great new documentary about the Blue Angels .... what dedication !

Half the evening was spent with her giant pony-dog. Rocket is a cool beast, who has finally allowed me to pullout something larger than my phone camera.
    Believe me, you don't want to cross with Rocket ... he'll love you to death .... or chomp you dead ! :cool:

3H4A3300%20copy-XL.jpg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Spent the evening bidding on jobs. We lost the contract that I've been working for the last 7+ months. The job kind of sucked but the money was good. I'll talk to peeps tomorrow and with luck will pick up another 20+ jobs. This will last until October..
    I hope it works out. That would be a little unsettling.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Decisions...

I can’t express how much I like my p226 legion sao/or firearm. The 229 is a great option but I thought the little extra length of the 226 made it a tad better balanced under fire. Won’t ever be a carry gun so weight was no matter.

Good to hear the consult is moving forward!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom