The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hearing problem for me as I've gotten older is sorting out words over background noise. In the woods where there is no noise, I hear very well.

The gardener refers to that as selective hearing.
    Same for me. Background noise definitely screws with my hearing. Loud restaurant for example, especially with the open ceiling stuff they do these days and I can't hear anything the person I'm with is saying.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've noticed I can't hear very well if there's background noise. Seems to have gotten worse in the last couple years. My sweet wife talks quiet and a lot of times I can't hear her. One would think it's selective hearing but I don't really think so.
    Same here. I blame it on 30+ years of IT working out of Datacenters. Too many loud fans (servers, network gear, heating and cooling, etc), and no thought to hearing protection.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Same here. I blame it on 30+ years of IT working out of Datacenters. Too many loud fans (servers, network gear, heating and cooling, etc), and no thought to hearing protection.
    50+ yrs of chainsaws, tractors, tracked vehicles, gen sets and rifles. First 30 or so with no thought to hearing protection

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    My last 1911 45 acp sold this past weekend. I did pick up a Colt 9 mm 1911 awhile back. I will keep my CZ 97 long enough to shoot up all my 45 ammo! Depending on what reloading components will cost by the end of the year, the 97 my go up for sale. I will be down to 1 AR by this weekend. Kathy is no longer able to work due to all her medical issues so I am reducing my collection down to help pay the bills until her Soc Sec starts Jan 2025. Checking out disability also but I do not think you can apply for both and the later could take longer than I could afford.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    50+ yrs of chainsaws, tractors, tracked vehicles, gen sets and rifles. First 30 or so with no thought to hearing protection
    People of our age and older, I believe, have complacency as a contributing factor. We just didn't give it any thought decades ago.

My two boys (26 and 36) that work around equipment wear eye and hearing protection all the time.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My last 1911 45 acp sold this past weekend. I did pick up a Colt 9 mm 1911 awhile back. I will keep my CZ 97 long enough to shoot up all my 45 ammo! Depending on what reloading components will cost by the end of the year, the 97 my go up for sale. I will be down to 1 AR by this weekend. Kathy is no longer able to work due to all her medical issues so I am reducing my collection down to help pay the bills until her Soc Sec starts Jan 2025. Checking out disability also but I do not think you can apply for both and the later could take longer than I could afford.
    Sorry to "hear" that.

I have some experience with getting my stepmother on disability when my father died. All I can say is that it is a process....consider hiring a professional. I didn't....

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Talk to me when you're looking for 45 acp reloading supplies. I will likely be able to help with that.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry to hear that. Not sure about both, but there may be a chance to get it retroactively for a period of time leading up to retirement. If she gets denied there are attorneys who take up those cases but they do so on a contingency basis and will take a significant part of the award (but in this case it might be better than not or having to lay out $$ for the attorney yourself). Been a while since I've been involved in that situation but that's what I remember.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I ordered direct from HBI.
    Cool, I'm about $8 or so short of free shipping with everything they have I need from a Scorpion perspective. I may just double up on the trigger pack refresh kit and make it 2 as that seems like something that would be handy to have around and that would get my order to free shipping.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Cool, I'm about $8 or so short of free shipping with everything they have I need from a Scorpion perspective. I may just double up on the trigger pack refresh kit and make it 2 as that seems like something that would be handy to have around and that would get my order to free shipping.

Do you have a p10 series? If not, buy a trigger. An extra part is reason enough to buy a gun.

Top Bottom