The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Afternoon, hope everyone has a great week.
    Good day at the range with Wizard and WTB as per usual Monday activities.
    However today was a bit more interesting than usual. Someone who wasn't with our group happened to be shooting at the same time as us so he was on "our" range. I looked at him while he was talking to someone and thought "Damn this guy looks really familiar". I then thought about how I saw a dodge truck in the parking lot before we went in and then I asked him "Excuse me, is your name Ken?". He said yes and I realized it was the son of the owner at the Japanese restaurant I used to work at. I ended up remembering him by his truck (among other things). So I talked with him for a bit and let him shoot my Shadow and I shot his G**** 25 in 380. he was testing out as a gun to help introduce his sisters to shooting. Wasn't TOO bad but I'm more than spoiled by my CZ triggers. I had warned him about double tapping with the Shadow due to how its set up (he didn't double tap :thumbsup:) but he asked how light it was. I laughed and said "Oh it tuned down to 2.2 lbs right now." Ended up shooting this mag dump with the Shadow for him at 21ft. (18 shots)
    //End Story time

156451532156.jpg

156132.jpg
    Pulled this off today with the Ruger MKIV at 21ft, wish the top 2-3 shots were lower but as my friend said "its still 1 hole".
    (10 shots)

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Never had a Rise trigger but I have never had a Timney that wasn't great!

Think I am going 6mm ARC.
    I got to try out a Timney trigger and seemed like it was really nice. CameraMonkey got one a while back. I decided to finally get one as well. The Rise was cheaper, but I have heard good things on them. Like I said, I have to decided which trigger is going in the .22LR AR and which is going in the 5.56 AR.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Afternoon, hope everyone has a great week.
    Good day at the range with Wizard and WTB as per usual Monday activities.
    However today was a bit more interesting than usual. Someone who wasn't with our group happened to be shooting at the same time as us so he was on "our" range. I looked at him while he was talking to someone and thought "Damn this guy looks really familiar". I then thought about how I saw a dodge truck in the parking lot before we went in and then I asked him "Excuse me, is your name Ken?". He said yes and I realized it was the son of the owner at the Japanese restaurant I used to work at. I ended up remembering him by his truck (among other things). So I talked with him for a bit and let him shoot my Shadow and I shot his G**** 25 in 380. he was testing out as a gun to help introduce his sisters to shooting. Wasn't TOO bad but I'm more than spoiled by my CZ triggers. I had warned him about double tapping with the Shadow due to how its set up (he didn't double tap :thumbsup:) but he asked how light it was. I laughed and said "Oh it tuned down to 2.2 lbs right now." Ended up shooting this mag dump with the Shadow for him at 21ft. (18 shots)
    //End Story time

View attachment 358292

View attachment 358277
    Pulled this off today with the Ruger MKIV at 21ft, wish the top 2-3 shots were lower but as my friend said "its still 1 hole".
    (10 shots)
    Excellent group :thumbsup:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So for the suppressor owners in the group, I have a question or 2 while waiting on my can.

First, do you guys use suppressor wraps? Is one needed? How long does a suppressor take to cool down after a couple hundred 9mm rounds or so for example?

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I coached Special Olympics at the “Summer Games” State track and field competition this last weekend. It was a long weekend starting at 7:00am Friday and I didn’t get home until 4:00pm Sunday. But it was worth it and I’m very proud of all of our athletes. Nearly all of our athletes medalled (gold, silver, bronze) in one or more event. It’s amazing to coach them and see them succeed. It’s amazing to see them thrive in a world that often tells them they can’t and see them prove to others and themselves that they can and see them believe in themselves and their teammates. I could share a lot of stories but I’ll just say that it’s truly special to be a part of their journey and humbling to see simple things that we take for granted are a highlight in their year.

The Special Olympics Athlete’s Oath:
    “Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt”.

They are all very brave.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    So for the suppressor owners in the group, I have a question or 2 while waiting on my can.

First, do you guys use suppressor wraps? Is one needed? How long does a suppressor take to cool down after a couple hundred 9mm rounds or so for example?

I haven't seen a need for them for my range plinking...until recently. The handguard and barrel are short on the honey badger and the can is way close to my hand. I have a cover ordered for it now.

Cans heat up fast and cool slowly. I like the idea of not holding heat in my suppressors. Many cans have rate of fire restrictions such as "let the can cool after X number of rounds rapidly fired ".

For most applications, I remove the can after is has cooled a bit and store it in a heat proof suppressor pouch. A pot holder is very useful.

Edit: I would get other covers if I ran into a mirage problem or desired more heat protection.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I haven't seen a need for them for my range plinking...until recently. The handguard and barrel are short on the honey badger and the can is way close to my hand. I have a cover ordered for it now.

Cans heat up fast and cool slowly. I like the idea of not holding heat in my suppressors. Many cans have rate of fire restrictions such as "let the can cool after X number of rounds rapidly fired ".

For most applications, I remove the can after is has cooled a bit and store it in a heat proof suppressor pouch. A pot holder is very useful.
    Which cover did you order?

What suppressor pouch are you using?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Which cover did you order?

What suppressor pouch are you using?

This is my 1st cover and I didn’t do much research. More of a late night in a hurry order.

The can is a Q Trash Panda and 1.75" diameter and I thought the Armageddon cover might fit better than some others. Many cans are 1.5" diameter.

The cover is an Extreme Heat version of...

Everything in this game is pricey. :D

I have several different pouches and I'm too lazy to go find them now. The covers for centerfire suppressors are a mix. Some have heat resistant lining, some don't. My rimfire can pouches are unlined.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

For generally plinking, PCC use, etc. I don’t see much need for a “wrap”. Reeds point is well made though.

I tucked my can back into the handguard on the mpx and it can get warm.

I messed around a little at 200-600 yard groups with a 6.5cm. An insulated cover made a noticeable difference in the mirage.

Couple hundred in a short period and that can is staying hot almost as long as the barrel.

The covers are from Armageddon.

66f4d2df1e80a87312244946aa0ac89a.jpg

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For generally plinking, PCC use, etc. I don’t see much need for a “wrap”. Reeds point is well made though.

I tucked my can back into the handguard on the mpx and it can get warm.

I messed around a little at 200-600 yard groups with a 6.5cm. An insulated cover made a noticeable difference in the mirage.

Couple hundred in a short period and that can is staying hot almost as long as the barrel.

The covers are from Armageddon.
    Yeah, I'm honestly not thinking so much about mirage as you mention for the PDW. More concerned with doing something stupid and melting something I don't want to melt by setting the gun down. That said, the suppressor will be set down in the handguard on mine as well so a cover may not work well anyway.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yeah, I'm honestly not thinking so much about mirage as you mention for the PDW. More concerned with doing something stupid and melting something I don't want to melt by setting the gun down. That said, the suppressor will be set down in the handguard on mine as well so a cover may not work well anyway.

Armageddon has a pouch and a grippy thing that I would like but I can’t bring myself to spend over $100 on something I could probably replicate at wal mart for $10 or Williams Sonoma for $20.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Armageddon has a pouch and a grippy thing that I would like but I can’t bring myself to spend over $100 on something I could probably replicate at wal mart for $10 or Williams Sonoma for $20.

I looked up the "grippy thing". I use Showa Atlas 300 work gloves for extra grip on "warm" suppressors and as general work gloves. I buy them buy the dozen which lasts me several years.

Top Bottom