THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    How was the SAO trigger? Do you know a trigger pull weight? Was it CZ factory SAO or a conversion?

I love the CZ ergonomics but I prefer a SAO trigger. If only there was a double stack 9mm with a CZ grip and 1911 style trigger… that’s optic ready…
    Trigger is consistently right at 4lbs on my gauge. It’s not been shot much or polished at all. It should get down closer to three soon I would imagine

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I've thought about doing that to both of mine as well. I really need to get comfortable behind a red dot though. When shooting Chris's Staccato last weekend, I was both impressed with the gun and depressed about my ability to run a red dot well. I find myself still watching the dot dance all over the place. I need to run dots more to get my head back in the red dot game
    FWIW, (and it may be worth nothing because that's what you're paying for it) IMO we see dots dancing around on our guns not because they're dot guns but because under normal operation we can't focus well enough to see an irons gun bounce, as we go from target to front sight and back. So, in my opinion, it's not a new problem, its leading to the opportunity to solve the next problem. The one we didn't even know was there.

So don't ever beat yourself up about dot movement. As mentioned above, develop grip, and also work on draw/presentation.
    There was a conversation around here one time where someone was arguing that it took 5-10K draws to get your presentation right. That's pretty crazy, but presentation really is key.

Also, many instructors have a drill in class where you actually move the dot around purposefully and take shots to see actually how little off target you really are.

Complete target focus and let the dot hover.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Officially redacting my offer for the sale of the Witness .45, in case anyone was on the fence about it. I like the gun too much and don't need the money that bad. I have some of my soul in the gun, which might not make sense to some people, but it does to me. It was my first conversion to SAO, where I removed the disconnector, reshaped the trigger and installed pre/post travel screws. It was also my first optics cut. And the person I bought it from is a really super guy. :)

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    FWIW, (and it may be worth nothing because that's what you're paying for it) IMO we see dots dancing around on our guns not because they're dot guns but because under normal operation we can't focus well enough to see an irons gun bounce, as we go from target to front sight and back. So, in my opinion, it's not a new problem, its leading to the opportunity to solve the next problem. The one we didn't even know was there.

So don't ever beat yourself up about dot movement. As mentioned above, develop grip, and also work on draw/presentation.
    There was a conversation around here one time where someone was arguing that it took 5-10K draws to get your presentation right. That's pretty crazy, but presentation really is key.

Also, many instructors have a drill in class where you actually move the dot around purposefully and take shots to see actually how little off target you really are.

Here is a video that needs to be watched if you are having trouble with a RDS…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed. I'm really just starting with the dot, but for my purposes and shooting a 6moa dot, I'm waiting for the dot to get across the target and sending the round.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well I wasn’t going to pay ten dollars shipping for a two dollar front sight pin from Cajun. Got 50 of them from Amazon for 5.99 shipped. Put one in this afternoon and worked perfect. Looks like I’m not going to re-use a front sight pin again for quite a while LOL
    You’re doing it wrong, the 2$ pin is just an “oh also” item when you order a full Cajun parts kit for the Wizard to put in, but we’ve already determined you’re messed up in the head you have different preferences than most. Which is fine, I guess.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    You’re doing it wrong, the 2$ pin is just an “oh also” item when you order a full Cajun parts kit for the Wizard to put in, but we’ve already determined you’re messed up in the head you have different preferences than most. Which is fine, I guess.
    No doubt. I know im in the minority with not liking the Cajun stuff but their shipping is outrageous if
    You’re not ordering a bunch of parts.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I took a trade to Scheels back on Wednesday to try and get that CS I saw on Saturday but it was already gone so I just sold my gun. He asked what I wanted for it and i said between 8-900.00 comes back and said the best they can do is 1K lol. It worked out because there were some on the Scheels website so I had it shipped to the store, got it yesterday so that was very fast service. I got the one I really wanted with the taller sights vs the one that I looked at in the store with the smaller carry sights. I was a bit worried the DPP would seem overwhelming on it but it works fine. The 'fitment' on this as CM used to say is excellent.

IdejGCql.jpg

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    One of my favorite CZs to shoot is an '88 pre-B that is all stock. I had it Cajunixed for a while, but ended up restoring it back to factory and find it to be a simple, honest gun to shoot. Not great by any measure, but very good overall.
    I had the same problem when I first tried a red dot. I posted about it in the training section here and got the same advice as ChrisK and Ditcherman. 1. I’ve always been unsteady, the irons just covered it up before and I couldn’t tell. 2. I was muscling my grip on the gun too much. Once I relaxed my grip, arms and shoulders some that helped a lot with holding the dot more steady.

Now I’m going to watch the video ChrisK posted and learning something new.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I took a trade to Scheels back on Wednesday to try and get that CS I saw on Saturday but it was already gone so I just sold my gun. He asked what I wanted for it and i said between 8-900.00 comes back and said the best they can do is 1K lol. It worked out because there was some on the Scheels website so I had it shipped to the store, got it yesterday so that was very fast service. I got the one I really wanted with the taller sights vs the one that I looked at in the store with the smaller carry sights. I was a bit worried the DPP would seem overwhelming on it but it works fine. The 'fitment' on this as CM used to say is excellent.

IdejGCql.jpg
    We are twins!!!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Officially redacting my offer for the sale of the Witness .45, in case anyone was on the fence about it. I like the gun too much and don't need the money that bad. I have some of my soul in the gun, which might not make sense to some people, but it does to me. It was my first conversion to SAO, where I removed the disconnector, reshaped the trigger and installed pre/post travel screws. It was also my first optics cut. And the person I bought it from is a really super guy. :)
    I knew it… :cheers:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Obligatory post for Cz’ers before it hits classies tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get home from IRP this evening.

od green p07, night sights, cajunized. Can get part list shortly. Figure it’s my chance to let go and get a stock one down the road $450 in shelbyville

IMG_3523.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom