THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Wow, I'd be all over picking up an OR version of the P07. To me, that is the flagship product line for CZ for EDC right now. Sure, the P10 line is the favored son, but at the end of the day, it's still the P07 that is the rock solid choice for EDC. I've seen reports of high round cound P10s having issues with going full auto as the internals wear, but the P07 does not seem to have that issue.

That said, I'd still grap an PCR/OR if one were available.
    I have been contemplating milling both my PCR & P07 in the near future

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick trip down to HHRP this afternoon to sight in some rifles after an optic musical chair routine. The DD M4V1 got the ACOG and the M16A2 clone got the Leupold Mk AR. As much as I hate pulling the ACOG from the A2 clone, it works much better on the DD. Same goes for the Leupold Mk AR on the A2. It's an optic better suited for the longer barrel than the 14.5" DD.

That also frees up the RMR that was on the DD to be reinstalled on the G23.4.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have been contemplating milling both my PCR & P07 in the near future
    I've thought about doing that to both of mine as well. I really need to get comfortable behind a red dot though. When shooting Chris's Staccato last weekend, I was both impressed with the gun and depressed about my ability to run a red dot well. I find myself still watching the dot dance all over the place. I need to run dots more to get my head back in the red dot game

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No, not a Glock person at all. I prefer well broken in CZs with a lot of polishing and hand fitting. I like to have a wall which in my opinion a lot of the Cajun upgrades take away.
    One of my favorite CZs to shoot is an '88 pre-B that is all stock. I had it Cajunixed for a while, but ended up restoring it back to factory and find it to be a simple, honest gun to shoot. Not great by any measure, but very good overall.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    One of my favorite CZs to shoot is an '88 pre-B that is all stock. I had it Cajunixed for a while, but ended up restoring it back to factory and find it to be a simple, honest gun to shoot. Not great by any measure, but very good overall.
    I have same belief. I’ll take broken in stock over anything cajunized any day of the week for what I do and how I prefer my triggers to be. Cajunized stuff and lightens it up and does what it says but it’s just not for me.

Last edited:

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I've thought about doing that to both of mine as well. I really need to get comfortable behind a red dot though. When shooting Chris's Staccato last weekend, I was both impressed with the gun and depressed about my ability to run a red dot well. I find myself still watching the dot dance all over the place. I need to run dots more to get my head back in the red dot game
    :+1:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    What kind of grip are you using? I find that if I use a crush grip the dot seems to dance around more. I have changed how I grip because of going to a RDS for that reason. It has helped with using irons for me also.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What kind of grip are you using? I find that if I use a crush grip the dot seems to dance around more. I have changed how I grip because of going to a RDS for that reason. It has helped with using irons for me also.
    That might be a part of the issue. It's been a couple of months since I've put any real effort into learning the red dot and my grip tends to be the crush grip normally. Earlier this summer, I was working on the grip idea that the strong hand grip was just firm enough to not let the pistol move around and the weak hand did the bulk of the work in stabilizing the grip. I need to revisit that

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have same belief. I’ll take broken in stock of anything cajunized any day of the week for what I do and how I prefer my triggers to be. Cajunized stuff and lightens it up and does what it says but it’s just not for me.
    I like, and appreciate a good Cajunized trigger, but have also come to really like an old school standard trigger as well. Especially for EDC. I've had several CZs that I bought with the idea of EDC, only to take them out of the EDC lineup due to an excessively light trigger after Cajunizing them.

Still, that old pre-B is still just a joy for me to shoot. For whatever reason, I just seem to connect to that gun.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    If CZ moves to OR all the pistols, I will be getting another P-07, P-01, and likely another CZ 75. I am still tempted by a P10c OR.

If they come out with an OR P10M that holds more than 7 rounds, I would be all over that as well. I like my P10S OR well enough, but during the summer I want something smaller. Hence why I picked up the Springfield Hellcat.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I thought I remembered seeing someone wanting a CZ 75 B?

$466.19
    $19.99 shipping
    No sales tax.
    With promo code: TENOFF

1697287030141.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom