THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    As long as I was getting many of the CZ's out to match up magazines, I decided to get them all out and take a family photo. Found out later that I missed the CZ 1911.

View attachment 304614
    :wow:

Today I had the SP01 competition blue out for cleaning and I was thinking “how would it look in orange instead? With matching grips and base plates”. And there you have it! Very sharp looking and SAO!

Edit: Also what barrel is in that orange SP01? That looks upgraded.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Today I had the SP01 competition blue out for cleaning and I was thinking “how would it look in orange instead? With matching grips and base plates”. And there you have it! Very sharp looking and SAO!

Orange looks great on those guns, IMHO.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You're killing me smalls.
    OugjYCal.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

OEM barrel. My understanding is it was made for the Australian market and their barrel minimum length leaves it sticking out a little. Not enough to be threaded though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$500

$20 shipping

NST

Code: TENOFF for extra 10% off

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Prodigy is, maybe, the most obtainable entry-level 2011 drug but, we seem to be entering the resurgence of the 1911 as a 2011 9mm.

Bul, SA, EAA, Rock Island, Oracle, Staccato, Nighthawk...and on and on. Pick your price point!

....or just buy a DWX and invite us all to the range. ;-)
    Nothing against the Prodigy, I'm not a basher but I'm not sure why anyone would pick one over a basic or nearly so Platypus. The few hundred dollars in extra cost is easily made up in the price of 4-5 spare 2011 mags vs. Glock mags. Quality and customer support are also reportedly significantly better as well.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nothing against the Prodigy, I'm not a basher but I'm not sure why anyone would pick one over a basic or nearly so Platypus. The few hundred dollars in extra cost is easily made up in the price of 4-5 spare 2011 mags vs. Glock mags. Quality and customer support are also reportedly significantly better as well.
    Honestly, I can't take a firearms company serious about their product when 2 of their options are called Perry the Platypus and Malibu Beach House. And the entire lineup is based on one of the ugliest animals on the planet. The name does not inspire confidence. Same reason I don't have power tools made by Huggy Bear or a car called the Donkey. Because stupid names don't belong on cars, guns, and tools. How very 2023 of them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Honestly, I can't take a firearms company serious about their product when 2 of their options are called Perry the Platypus and Malibu Beach House. And the entire lineup is based on one of the ugliest animals on the planet. The name does not inspire confidence. Same reason I don't have power tools made by Huggy Bear or a car called the Donkey. Because stupid names don't belong on cars, guns, and tools. How very 2023 of them.

I dunno, after watching the Honest Outlaw review, I kinda lust after a Platypus... :dunno:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Orange looks great on those guns, IMHO.
    I agree. For whatever reason CZs and orange go together. Orange base plates speak to my heart for sure. Tried to get color match to the different orange grips I had at the time. Crazy how much variation there is in color of factory parts. At least I thought it was until we started anodizing and realizing what all goes into it LOL

IMG_3465.jpeg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Considering that the color of every single part is customizable, if it comes out ugly or stupid looking, then you only have one person to blame. They have all black too for the Amish and those without personalities.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Honestly, I can't take a firearms company serious about their product when 2 of their options are called Perry the Platypus and Malibu Beach House. And the entire lineup is based on one of the ugliest animals on the planet. The name does not inspire confidence. Same reason I don't have power tools made by Huggy Bear or a car called the Donkey. Because stupid names don't belong on cars, guns, and tools. How very 2023 of them
    It's actually a pretty clever name in some ways, given the "unholy" mix of genres/parts. I haven't looked at them in great detail and the names of various color combos though I do admit.

I'd rather see an original name to some extent over some of the recycled names (I know OEMs/products have reasons for doing that, but the abomination of a vehicle that took the Blazer name for example is just wrong).

Honestly, I didn't get caught up on the Platypus until after last NRAAM as I assumed it was a rifle of some sort (mix of AK/AR or something) and didn't read up on it until after the convention. I would have liked to have seen one in person during the show and would have sought it out had I known what it was at that time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom