THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    At the FGE, I was testing out an early 75B Compact in .40 that I has had trouble with since day 1. The issue is that it's not well engineered by CZ and runs a 9mm weight slide. To compensate for the extra power in the .40 round, they cut the spring house to allow extra slide travel, but that tends to lead to spring bind. I've run it successfully with a 22# spring, but spring life is only about 200 rounds.

The best combination I had was running it with a 40P slide, which is the proper weight. But, I sold that slide and was hoping it could run it with a stainless guide rod and a green flat-wire spring. I think that it's a P07 spring. The first 5 rounds were perfect and I was thinking that maybe the flat-wire spring with giving it enough travel but without spring bind. The next 8 rounds were abysmal. Slide contact to the frame, causing the next round to nosedive into the front wall of the mag. The slide then comes forward and jams the rounds while pushing the bullet into the case.

I think that I'll try a heavy hammer spring next along with maybe extra power mag springs. If those don't help the situation, I might send it to T-Dogg to use for one of his art projects :/
    My Massada SC has the double coil spring and stainless guide rod running a compact slide on a full size frame (9mm). I had some issues with my Rami nosediving cartriges into the front wall of the mag. After some internet sleuthing suggested the slide cycles faster than the mag can feed I bought +10% mag springs (made for 17 round mags), put those in the 14 round mags and put stock 14 round mag springs in the 10 round mags And have not missed a beat since. IIRC the springs were pretty cheap.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a few thoughts / ideas....

- Neutered down hand load?
    - Add weight to the slide in a really creative and artistic way.
    - Dual recoil spring setup

One of those could be a really fun project for someone I know on a deep personal level. :)
    I want this to run normal. 40, so the neutered ammo is not an option right now. The heavier slide would work, but there's not much room inside. Also, I tried a dual recoil setup several years back, and it lasted 7 rounds before it was destroyed. It was a DPM IIRC, and they were great about it. They had me take a bunch of measurements and sent me one custom built for that gun. That one lasted almost 100 rounds.

It's a nice shooter when it works due to the weight of the steel railed frame. It's just getting it to run well. That's the trick.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My Massada SC has the double coil spring and stainless guide rod running a compact slide on a full size frame (9mm). I had some issues with my Rami nosediving cartriges into the front wall of the mag. After some internet sleuthing suggested the slide cycles faster than the mag can feed I bought +10% mag springs (made for 17 round mags), put those in the 14 round mags and put stock 14 round mag springs in the 10 round mags And have not missed a beat since. IIRC the springs were pretty cheap.
    One of the contributing factors is that I included all of my good mags with the 40P. The only compact mags I have are Promags. I need to test it with my full size .40 mags to take crappy mags out of the equation. Most of my .40 mags run extra power springs, and I might have a few left over from the bulk purchase

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    As long as I was getting many of the CZ's out to match up magazines, I decided to get them all out and take a family photo. Found out later that I missed the CZ 1911.

View attachment 304614

GALL DANG ! .... when the bag in the Hoover is full, Tarzan just tosses it in the safe, and puts in a fresh one ! :faint:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    At the FGE, I was testing out an early 75B Compact in .40 that I has had trouble with since day 1. The issue is that it's not well engineered by CZ and runs a 9mm weight slide. To compensate for the extra power in the .40 round, they cut the spring house to allow extra slide travel, but that tends to lead to spring bind. I've run it successfully with a 22# spring, but spring life is only about 200 rounds.

The best combination I had was running it with a 40P slide, which is the proper weight. But, I sold that slide and was hoping it could run it with a stainless guide rod and a green flat-wire spring. I think that it's a P07 spring. The first 5 rounds were perfect and I was thinking that maybe the flat-wire spring with giving it enough travel but without spring bind. The next 8 rounds were abysmal. Slide contact to the frame, causing the next round to nosedive into the front wall of the mag. The slide then comes forward and jams the rounds while pushing the bullet into the case.
    Try adding tungsten to the slide. It worked for .17 HM2 10/22 conversions if the bbl was under 17" IIRC.
    I think that I'll try a heavy hammer spring next along with maybe extra power mag springs. If those don't help the situation, I might send it to T-Dogg to use for one of his art projects :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom