THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    PCR has been withdrawn
    This one was the one I was talking about, not the trade for safety one…

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On Saturday, I drove down to the Raleigh area. Last time I was here, I had an accident happen right across the front of the truck. This time, it was right across the back. Some idiot was doing 90+ on a road that had just had heavy rain on it and lost control. He collected one car and was sliding towards my truck so I punched it to stay ahead of him and instead of hitting me, he collected the guy off my right quarter panel. This was after 11 hours behind the wheel, so I really needed the bourbon my BIL handed me when I reached Raleigh.

On long drives, I've come to hate getting close to cities. As you close on a city, you get all manner of rude, stupid moronic drivers that vastly over estimate their skill with a vehicle. Moderate traffic will be flowing at about 74 in a 70 zone when you will see
    someone blow past in the fast lane weaving through traffic like we were all standing still. This trip passed 3 accidents and I almost got caught up in the 4th.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Missed that one. Decent deal!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    On Saturday, I drove down to the Raleigh area. Last time I was here, I had an accident happen right across the front of the truck. This time, it was right across the back. Some idiot was doing 90+ on a road that had just had heavy rain on it and lost control. He collected one car and was sliding towards my truck so I punched it to stay ahead of him and instead of hitting me, he collected the guy off my right quarter panel. This was after 11 hours behind the wheel, so I really needed the bourbon my BIL handed me when I reached Raleigh.

On long drives, I've come to hate getting close to cities. As you close on a city, you get all manner of rude, stupid moronic drivers that vastly over estimate their skill with a vehicle. Moderate traffic will be flowing at about 74 in a 70 zone when you will see
    someone blow past in the fast lane weaving through traffic like we were all standing still. This trip passed 3 accidents and I almost got caught up in the 4th.
    My everyday.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Play time over. Time to go home and celebrate my winnings with ice cream.

Enjoyed shooting all of these today, but if I could only have 1 handgun right now, it would be the P320 AXG.

View attachment 271587
    That picture sure shows the bore axis difference from a Sig to a CZ clone.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IKR. Don’t even joke about only having one.
    Hate to say it, but I don't have any (I know blasphemer). I still like hanging out here. That said, I did actually buy a hammer fired pistol (not my first, but probably the first I have bought in the last 20 years) recently so there is that. Baby steps on my part.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Missed that one. Decent deal!

I was actually about to dip into the gun fund until I read further and found that he wants a BoS. F that. I have no problem showing my license or pink card, but a BoS is a bridge too far. That is completely worthless. Also, wanting to meet in the parking lot of a LGS? That's poor taste. You're cutting into the business of the LGS. When I meet I prefer meeting in a shopping center or fast food parking lot.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was actually about to dip into the gun fund until I read further and found that he wants a BoS. F that. I have no problem showing my license or pink card, but a BoS is a bridge too far. That is completely worthless. Also, wanting to meet in the parking lot of a LGS? That's poor taste. You're cutting into the business of the LGS. When I meet I prefer meeting in a shopping center or fast food parking lot.
    Eh, I've met at an LGS. It's a common place most of us know in a given area, and folks aren't freaked out if they see a gun, that said I still keep it discrete. That said the LGS parking lots around here are usually shared, etc and I'm not going to park right in front of their entry door. I usually go in and check them out whereas I may not have made a trip that day to do so. I don't really see it cutting into their business, IMHO.

I agree on the BOS, but at least he put it in the ad up front and not a surprise.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I agree. Meeting in a police station parking lot is fine. Recording my data is not. Starbucks parking lots are a good place to meet. I kind of like buying guns in an anti-gun stores lot. Seems to be a bit fitting maybe. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Eh, I've met at an LGS. It's a common place most of us know in a given area, and folks aren't freaked out if they see a gun, that said I still keep it discrete. That said the LGS parking lots around here are usually shared, etc and I'm not going to park right in front of their entry door. I usually go in and check them out whereas I may not have made a trip that day to do so. I don't really see it cutting into their business, IMHO.

I agree on the BOS, but at least he put it in the ad up front and not a surprise.

I've actually had one of the guys at a LGS tell me they really don't like that.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've actually had one of the guys at a LGS tell me they really don't like that.
    I'm guessing Starbuck's probably doesn't like it either. That said, I understand and support the LGS so that's a difference. The one's around here are usually in a multi store front so there's everything from a DMV to a driving school to an auto parts store, etc that share the parking lot. It's more of an easy landmark. I once met a cop to sell a rifle in area of an LGS. He offered to meet at my house and I quickly declined. Didn't need that happening nor did I need my wife to see me hauling guns out to a cop car in the driveway ;-)

Probably wouldn't do a deal in a parking lot that was dedicated to a particular LGS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom