THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I plan on putting that wiring in conduit eventually. The large white wire is only a ground, for what it's worth. The small pair of wires are 12V for the tachometer.
    No worries. I was mostly busting your chops.

FWIW, there isn't anything terribly wrong with this installation. Conduit isn't necessary since you're using SJ cable, but you might consider wrapping some green tape around the ends of the ground to clearly identify it as the ground.

The code also allows you to run low-voltage control conductors that are associated with a motor along with the motor feed conductors. However, if you start to get some weird results, it may be due to the AC signal bleeding into the low-voltage signal. If this happens, using a shielded control cable should eliminate the problem.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No worries. I was mostly busting your chops.

FWIW, there isn't anything terribly wrong with this installation. Conduit isn't necessary since you're using SJ cable, but you might consider wrapping some green tape around the ends of the ground to clearly identify it as the ground.

The code also allows you to run low-voltage control conductors that are associated with a motor along with the motor feed conductors. However, if you start to get some weird results, it may be due to the AC signal bleeding into the low-voltage signal. If this happens, using a shielded control cable should eliminate the problem.
    Good advice on the shielding. Have seen that put into use in my line of work. Every once in awhile I'll see an erratic RPM on the tach while adjusting the speed with the VFD, but it's usually just a quick 100 extra RPM or so blip, so it isn't an issue currently.

Best I got right now is a TJ tie, named in your honor.

20230423_204553.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If anyone remembers, I discovered the mill's table was installed backwards at some point in its life. I noticed a track on the back side, but didn't know what it was for at the time. Now that the table is mounted correctly, I quickly figured out that track was for adjustable table stops that interact with a solid T post that's mounted firmly with 2 bolts to the saddle underneath. You put the stop where you want it, tighten and when you're moving the table left to right (X axis) it will hit the stop where you set it. This is to limit table travel for whatever your reason (like accidentally milling something more than you wanted to).

Table stops = A couple of bolts, nuts, washers and some shock bushings (I think, can't remember what they came off, getting old ya know).

20230423_194533.jpg

Cut a grooved area towards the area under the head of the bolt, turn the bushings down to 0.780" diameter from 1.00", some cold blue and presto....adjustable table stops.

20230423_202612.jpg
    20230423_203324.jpg

Pictured below you see the stops on the ends. You put them where you want them, tighten and when the table is moved left or right, the stop hits the T block in the middle.

20230423_203405.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    @MindfulMan

As a token of my gratitude for our friendship, I made this for you today. My first full on official wood burning project. It's on a piece of 3.5" x 6" maple, the same material I made my first grips from (for the H&R 22). The 3rd coat of polyurethane is curing currently. If we don't see each other at SGE, whenever that is, I will ship this to you. I hope you like it, because I sure do.

*Like us, it isn't perfect, but it does have some character.

20230423_212053.jpg
    20230423_212127.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    @MindfulMan

As a token of my gratitude for our friendship, I made this for you today. My first full on official wood burning project. It's on a piece of 3.5" x 6" maple, the same material I made my first grips from (for the H&R 22). The 3rd coat of polyurethane is curing currently. If we don't see each other at SGE, whenever that is, I will ship this to you. I hope you like it, because I sure do.

View attachment 271504
    View attachment 271505

I love it ! .... thank you for honoring me with this, Spicy. :chest:
    ....just look at that !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @MindfulMan

View attachment 271504
    View attachment 271505
    That is awesome! Can we shoot it with Brutus?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've seen you shoot before, I don't think the plaque has anything to worry about. :cool:

Wonder where this came from?

da0d1b35f1253128eca825ac8f0760c3.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Saturday I was cutting down saplings, briars, and moving the brush to a place to burn later. (Probably not supposed to yet, but I'm bored)
    I ran across this gal trying to warm up in the sun. She was so cold she couldn't hardly move.
    My dog found her and I had to rescue her and help her onto the tree before she became my dogs snack. My dog eats snakes...
    I don't like my dog eating certain kinds and this is one of those kinds. Because they are to useful around the property.
    20230422_133256.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Morning DS

Your snake picture is giving me the heeby jeebies.
    I picked her up with my hands, and held her until she got ahold of a twig to get on the tree she finally went up it.
    Black Rat snakes are unaggressive, and defensive only when pushed to that point.
    My 20 month old grandson was very interested in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom