THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Where did all of this take place if you don't mind me asking. I have several bobcat pics on trail cameras and a picture of a bobcat size cat with a long tail that was taken in the dark and the picture is not very good.
    Banks of the Ohio River roughly 20 minutes outside Tell City. It was my friend’s Uncle’s property. The one we saw was light brown and large. Several months later his uncle caught a pic of a 2nd one on a trail cam. This one was smaller and dark brown. Maybe a male and female pair? Males are very territorial and will run other males off, even their own offspring.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Banks of the Ohio River roughly 20 minutes outside Tell City. It was my friend’s Uncle’s property. The one we saw was light brown and large. Several months later his uncle caught a pic of a 2nd one on a trail cam. This one was smaller and dark brown. Maybe a male and female pair? Males are very territorial and will run other males off, even their own offspring.
    I have property by Patoka and have several bobcats on camera and was seeing one regularly during deer season couple years ago. The critter with the long tail was near Salem.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I saw a mountain lion near the Ohio river maybe 8 years ago while camping with a friend. The first day down there we saw huge prints around while scouting the area. We also found a fallen tree on the bank that was shredded on one side. It was an 8 foot scratching post. late in the night a large animal walked right next to my side of the tent stepping very slowly across the ground tarp. the foot falls were single slow presses on the tarp about 18” apart. It was only 2 feet from me on the other side of the tent. Across from me the top 1/3 of the tent door was unzipped for ventilation. My friend was asleep and I held my breath wondering if it would circle the tent and find the door. I had a 1911 .45 with me that I silently readied and decided on a plan. If it sticks it’s head in the tent I’ll blast it’s face with some .45 and go from there. But it quietly moved on. We saw more prints around camp that next morning. That afternoon we loaded up and pulled away from the camp site. Driving through the field leaving, my friends diesel truck spooked it out of the nearby woods and it fled across the field in front of the truck. Unmistakably a mountain lion.

View attachment 271272

Very cool ! :cool:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Good morning y’all :coffee:

I got very interested in big cat prints after encountering that mountain lion down south. I’ve seen very similar prints in other parts of the state but can’t verify they were in fact mountain lion and not from a very large dog with trimmed nails. One of our neighbors has a large dog (Great Dane I think) that leaves very similar prints.

Bobcat prints are wider than they are tall with the toe prints in a row above the base pad. Mountain lion prints look similar to a house cat prints but much much larger. Here’s what I’m sure are bobcat tracts I saw on a creek side trail in Zionsville.

View attachment 271280

Those toe marks are dead giveaway. Even in sand they leave shallow tracks. Nice pic!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have property by Patoka and have several bobcats on camera and was seeing one regularly during deer season couple years ago. The critter with the long tail was near Salem.
    Patoka Lake? I have a friend that lives down in that area. I’ll ask him he’s seen or heard of anything. @Guns&engines You have mountain lions in your area?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Turtles are such cool creatures. This is my friend, Timmy, who has lived at McCormick's Creek S.P. for about 25 years. He's a red-eared slider turtle.

3H4A1317%20copy-L.jpg

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    This one baffles me. A few years ago I saw this print in a hospital parking lot right next to where I parked. I swear it looks like a mountain lion print. But in a hospital parking lot?! There is a very large wooded area directly across from the parking lot and the wooded area extends to a lake just down the street. Plausibly it could be… or someone took their Great Dane with them to the hospital? These kind of things keep my brain up at night…

1682258401605.jpeg
    1682258452133.jpeg
    1682258517777.jpeg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Status
    Not open for further replies.