Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh yeah.....I am moving my project car to the storage unit this morning. Still ate up with it.
    Then I meet this BA fella and he drags this Wizard fella into the mix and copious amounts of :koolaid: is consumed.
    Then I find it in my warped little brain that 10mm would be cool.......awe crap.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats Tom! Hopefully, everything fall in place with the new gig. I hate seeing you leave our team, but you cannot pass up a good opportunity when it comes your way.

I began compiling stats last night for last years carry and the CCO was the most carried gun of the year. The P01 was right behind it though even though it was purchased in June. What was surprising was that the CZ 1911 was up there as well. I don't recall carrying the full size 1911 that often, but it made a regular showing each month. The P07/9 was carried a bunch too, but not as much as the P01. The guns that carry dropped way off on were the G***ks. The G23 used to be one of the top carry guns but last year it gave way to the CZs.

9mm pistols were carried 44% of the time with .45 coming in at 36% and .40 at 19%. 10mm was only carried 1% of the time and that was usually on days when I carried the barbeque gun with the ivory grips. Compact pistols were carried 83% of the time with full size only being carried 17%. CZs and 1911s were even at 40% carry with the Glocks coming in at 20%. In 2015, Glocks and CZs were reveresed in that carry ratio.

For 2017, I'm predicting more dominance by the CZ side of the house. Between the P07/40 for winter and the P01 for all around carry, they could push the CCO off of the top spot. I think that if I upgrade the CZ 1911 sights, that might move that pistol up in the carry rank. Toward the end of 2016, I started to carry the G21 more and that might surge a bit if I can get better leather for it. I've got 2 or 3 good holsters for it, but no great ones. Same goes for the P07s though, so if I do invest in holster upgrades, the P07 might be first in line.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats BA! I'd love to add one of those to the family some day. As much as I liked the SP01 Compact at the LGS, I'm not crazy about the weight of it. If that were a railed compact with an aluminum frame or a PCR, then it would be easier to jump at. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on buying a gun that weighs almost as much as a full size 1911. It sure would be a sweet shooter though, but that can be said of any 9mm CZ.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Congrats BA! I'd love to add one of those to the family some day. As much as I liked the SP01 Compact at the LGS, I'm not crazy about the weight of it. If that were a railed compact with an aluminum frame or a PCR, then it would be easier to jump at. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on buying a gun that weighs almost as much as a full size 1911. It sure would be a sweet shooter though, but that can be said of any 9mm CZ.

I have some for you to try. When the latest victim arrives I'll have two steel and four alloy compacts. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to give them a call. The hammer for my P01 Pro kit never did work right and I ended up just going back to the stock hammer. Schmeky suggested that the sear cage was not assembled correctly and that the hammer could not be the issue, but the sear cage was correct and the factory hammer worked fine. I've been planning on swapping the hammer into my 40P to see if the issue follows the hammer or if the issue follows the gun when I swap the 40P hammer into the P01. I really need to do something about that cause it sucks to have a nice hammer like that just sitting around unused.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom