Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Doing pretty good overall. I've got a great wife and child, a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and a safe full of guns.

Trying to start 2017 with a new approach, being nicer to people, and paying attention to more things than just guns. I love this environment, but it can consume a person quickly, much like plenty of other things we get ourselves wrapped up in. I've had some moments here recently that have shed some light for me on my life and where I'm heading.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no idea how many gun the Wizard and I have upgraded/Cajunized but it has to be north of 50. Last evening I took possession of a Cajunized PCR. This puts my current inventory of fully Cajunized guns at 20 for the first time. #21 is on its way back from the Cerakote shop and all the parts are already waiting for it. #22 has been purchased and will arrive Friday. I still need to save some nickels for the parts for that one. So, yeah, I do believe this can be consuming.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning everyone! :coffee: :coffee:

You carried "Huge" on purpose....go ahead, admit it.

I'll admit that I was being a bit passive aggressive. I am hoping that spending a week around a normal person carrying a gun openly might change her mind a bit. I could not find a normal person, so I had to try to act that way for a week. Too bad that she wasn't around when we emptied the safe and the rest of my California family could see what real ARs look like.

Morning again, everyone. Yes, this lifestyle/hobby/mindset can be consuming.

It really is consuming. Mindset is a funny thing I think. On one hand, I'll delay making a purchase for something needed on the car as long as I can, but will have no problem grabbing another CZ if it strikes me as interesting. The CZ family can be passion inspiring.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA, do you think you'll reach the goal of having one for every year of service in 2017? You are getting awfully close.

That was never really a goal, just something the Wizard and I laughed about. I kinda hope I never reach that. It seems like way too many.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to love the snow, but that love dies more each year as it impacts the stuff I love to do. I really HATE picking brass out of the snow but no matter how I place tarps, I seem to miss most. I'd love to fire the old Fiat up and unwind on a back roads drive, but it's put up for the winter. Just 8 weeks until the worst is past us I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1....I love the seasonal changes. Snow is still wonderful. I also have a 4WD truck so there is that.

2....Any hobby/passion we involve ourselves in does consume us. It is my escape from the daily insanity that seems to surround us more and more.

3....If you really want to be consumed start racing at any level. And do it right. That is total consumption.

4....add to the racing effort with a 2nd car. Now we are really deep. And continue doing it right.

5....Then get a brain storm that you want another car and it has to be a frame off resto. Done while still racing 2 cars and working.

Thats being consumed. This gun thing while expensive aint Poo by comparison.
    Funny thing is, I am still broke doing it.....:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom