Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Depending on how far you go with the spring upgrades, light strikes can occur with certain brands of ammo. BA or the Wizard would be the ones to chime in on that. I don't run a whole lot of steel, but know others do with good luck.

Yep, some brands of ammo have harder primers than other brands. Blazer Brass is one I've used that seems to be just fine, as well as Speer Lawman. As Rusty said, BA and the Wizard would have more brands that they have run that are safe.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gonna be putting the CCO up for sale. If anyone is looking to pick one up, let me know. The finish is messed up on mine, but that makes it a great candidate for carry, or refinishing.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'm screwed. I shot my P07 for the first time tonight. It felt better and I shot it better than my usp 9c. I'm afraid the usp is going to become a safe queen :dunno:

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    So just to clarify, if Im running a stock CZ-75B Omega, will I have any issues running Steel cased ammo? Price wise, the only way I can really afford to shoot all the matches I want to shoot this next semester is to just get the cases of steel Tulammo that are running about $160 shipped

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So just to clarify, if Im running a stock CZ-75B Omega, will I have any issues running Steel cased ammo? Price wise, the only way I can really afford to shoot all the matches I want to shoot this next semester is to just get the cases of steel Tulammo that are running about $160 shipped
    That shouldn't be an issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Range day today :ar15:.
    I broke out the 8 pistol case.
    I decided I wanted to shoot some against each other.
    Taking the 85, one of the 85Bs, 85 Combat, two 75 pre-Bs, two 75Bs and the Phantom. The 75BD is still in the shop and the other 85B is still getting its Cerakote job.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Range day today :ar15:.
    I broke out the 8 pistol case.
    I decided I wanted to shoot some against each other.
    Taking the 85, one of the 85Bs, 85 Combat, two 75 pre-Bs, two 75Bs and the Phantom. The 75BD is still in the shop and the other 85B is still getting its Cerakote job.

Sounds like a good time!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I get the time today after dealing with the cable guy and possibly moving my 64 into the storage unit I may get out to Allens and pick up the projects.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning CZ'ers! :coffee:

I got back from the airport a bit ago, cleared my work email backlog and am ready to start the new year. There's nothing like a 4am airport run to get the day going. On the bright side, I was dropping off my nephew and his extremely liberal wife which marked the end of a visit where we did not discuss anything political, religious or gun related. That pretty much left books and movies but we made it through the 10 days and still are talking to each other, so it was a successful visit I guess. The downside is, I caught one of the worst colds I've had in over a decade the day after they got back. I'm still not sure it was really just a cold though. It sure is finishing as a cold, but it knocked my on my butt for two days last week and has just been a PITA since. I did still get to shoot with my little sister a bunch though. I don' t remember if I mentioned it up thread or not, but she's now wanting a CZ 75B for her next gun. She spent some time behind the trigger of my wife's transitional and my A model that's been converted to SAO and is full of CGW goodies. She's hooked.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning CZ'ers! :coffee:

I got back from the airport a bit ago, cleared my work email backlog and am ready to start the new year. There's nothing like a 4am airport run to get the day going. On the bright side, I was dropping off my nephew and his extremely liberal wife which marked the end of a visit where we did not discuss anything political, religious or gun related. That pretty much left books and movies but we made it through the 10 days and still are talking to each other, so it was a successful visit I guess. The downside is, I caught one of the worst colds I've had in over a decade the day after they got back. I'm still not sure it was really just a cold though. It sure is finishing as a cold, but it knocked my on my butt for two days last week and has just been a PITA since. I did still get to shoot with my little sister a bunch though. I don' t remember if I mentioned it up thread or not, but she's now wanting a CZ 75B for her next gun. She spent some time behind the trigger of my wife's transitional and my A model that's been converted to SAO and is full of CGW goodies. She's hooked.

Been fighting through the same cold. It kicked my a$$ just before Christmas but I soldiered throughout the ordeal.
    Still having he effects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom