• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Afternoon fellas. I thought about it all weekend and fired off an email to PSA a little bit ago. I expressed my displeasure with their company and will await their response. I said my peace and put the ball in their court, how they respond will dictate if I will ever do business with them again. I was very polite and believe in second chances. Fool me once....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy BA. I don't have any idea what kind of response I'm looking for. I'd just like the issue to be acknowledged I guess. I don't care if anything comes of it, I'm more seeing how they respond to potentially losing customers. I understand how the game works, but I also know that no matter how big of company you are, without customers you have no business....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Howdy BA. I don't have any idea what kind of response I'm looking for. I'd just like the issue to be acknowledged I guess. I don't care if anything comes of it, I'm more seeing how they respond to potentially losing customers. I understand how the game works, but I also know that no matter how big of company you are, without customers you have no business....

Well, actually respectful would be a good start.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, so far so good. I said I was going to be buying many fewer guns this year than last. So, today is the second and I already have two guns I didn't have yesterday. I may need to work on this a bit more.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Got the 9mm major loading worked up, works pretty well I think

[video=youtube;AF80QjP05Yk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF80QjP05Yk[/video]

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    well, after struggling with trying to run used and surplus handguns for the past years and I decided to aquire some "Glorious Czechnology" and now have a CZ-75b Omega on layaway at Cabelas, and it was only $530.

Any of you guys have experiance in running 75s in USPSA production or IDPA? I figure I will get a few spare mags, a front night sight, and a custom kydex holster made as well and be ready to rock by the 2nd week of this month

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    well, after struggling with trying to run used and surplus handguns for the past years and I decided to aquire some "Glorious Czechnology" and now have a CZ-75b Omega on layaway at Cabelas, and it was only $530.

Any of you guys have experiance in running 75s in USPSA production or IDPA? I figure I will get a few spare mags, a front night sight, and a custom kydex holster made as well and be ready to rock by the 2nd week of this month
    No advice here as far as competition goes...

Get you mags here Greg Cote, LLC , buy Mec Gar to save yourself some cash.

I assume you'll be dry firing it quite a bit, if so there are some preventative steps you should take. Use an O-ring under the hammer to protect the firing pin. I'm not sure what mods are allowed for the type of shooting you do, but if allowed I would also replace bare minimum the trigger return spring with a reduced power from Cajun Gun Works as well as their firing pin retaining pin. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We don't bite... Well most of us don't.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    No advice here as far as competition goes...

Get you mags here Greg Cote, LLC , buy Mec Gar to save yourself some cash.

I assume you'll be dry firing it quite a bit, if so there are some preventative steps you should take. Use an O-ring under the hammer to protect the firing pin. I'm not sure what mods are allowed for the type of shooting you do, but if allowed I would also replace bare minimum the trigger return spring with a reduced power from Cajun Gun Works as well as their firing pin retaining pin. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We don't bite... Well most of us don't.

I will be dry firing alot especially as a college student I cant afford to go out and fire 500 rounds a week.

An o ring under the hammer? How would one go about finding that or installing it? Would it be better to just pick up some snap caps instead?

And what would swapping the firing pin retaining spring and trigger return spring do, and is replacing it something I could do myself (I mean I have a fair bit of experiance, I replaced an extractor on my mossberg 500 and did some work on a Hi-power I had and also replaced most of the springs on a tokarev I bought but those are all alot simpler then a CZ)

Also are the 19 round SP-01 magazines GTG? I wouldnt mind having 19+1 of HSTs on tap as a nightstand or car gun or "Heavy" carry gun, especially since for the past few years my old nightstand and carry gun was a makarov with just 8 rounds of 9x18 ball

And any opinion on running +P or +P+ carry ammo through it on a limited basis (probably only 50-100 rounds over the lifespan of the gun, Im not some richfag who can shoot cases of dollar a shot ammo). Arent CZs built to european spec 9mm which is about like what we consider NATO ball +p

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I will be dry firing alot especially as a college student I cant afford to go out and fire 500 rounds a week.

An o ring under the hammer? How would one go about finding that or installing it? Would it be better to just pick up some snap caps instead?

And what would swapping the firing pin retaining spring and trigger return spring do, and is replacing it something I could do myself (I mean I have a fair bit of experiance, I replaced an extractor on my mossberg 500 and did some work on a Hi-power I had and also replaced most of the springs on a tokarev I bought but those are all alot simpler then a CZ)
    The O-ring goes on the slide for dry fire practice. It absorbs the shock of the hammer falling on the firing pin. CZ uses a really crappy roll pin to retain the firing pin and over time wth dry fire the firing pin will impact the retaining pin causing the pin to collapse. This is something you can do at home, sometimes they come out hard, but it can be done. I don't have any experience with snap caps, but have no issues with the o-rings.

The factory trigger return spring will break, no telling how soon. I've had one break with less than 100 rds down range and maybe couple thousand dry fire. Others have thousands of rounds and no breakage. It is pretty simple to replace, you may need a floating trigger pin as well for that model.

CZ is pretty simple to detail strip, do it a couple times and you'll have it down.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Is your Omega a convertible or just a standard Omega? I don't even know if they make a convertible in a full size. Those 75b Omegas are really sweet shooters stock and slick up really well if you wanted to lighten some springs.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The O-ring goes on the slide for dry fire practice. It absorbs the shock of the hammer falling on the firing pin. CZ uses a really crappy roll pin to retain the firing pin and over time wth dry fire the firing pin will impact the retaining pin causing the pin to collapse. This is something you can do at home, sometimes they come out hard, but it can be done. I don't have any experience with snap caps, but have no issues with the o-rings.

This is a good practice I have been doing it since David at Cajun Gun Works told me about it a few years ago.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Is your Omega a convertible or just a standard Omega? I don't even know if they make a convertible in a full size. Those 75b Omegas are really sweet shooters stock and slick up really well if you wanted to lighten some springs.

Its a standard Omega

And question, if you lighten up the springs do you get light primer strikes or increase the risk of it?

Also do CZs run steel? Because I have about 600 rounds of Tulammo and plan on getting another case some time in the next month or two. If push comes to shove, I could buy up all the perfecta I find and shoot bulk factory reloads (like freedom munitions stuff), but I just perfer steel as its cheaper and I have had fewer issues with it then say WWB

The O ring looks like a good idea, I will use that as well as a snap cap while dry firing to make sure that everything is GTG

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Depending on how far you go with the spring upgrades, light strikes can occur with certain brands of ammo. BA or the Wizard would be the ones to chime in on that. I don't run a whole lot of steel, but know others do with good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom