• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am waiting to order Pistons/rings/gaskets.
    I need a set of valve springs as well. The monsters that are on the heads right now are way to much for a Hydraulic cam.
    I need to at least get the 400 torn down and over to the machine shop so they can check it for cracks. Once I know I have a good block, then I can begin the planning phase and decide if I really need that 461 stroker. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not so sure. There is still a 10 bolt under the 71 442 with 461 in it. Mine will be big cubes but not too radical, must remain steetable as the car will get driven A LOT. I've also thought about just getting a bolt in 9".

The 9" will be solid but a 12 bolt will do.
    Yes, the 10 is strong enough but would never survive under me. Especially with 3 peddles. Uh-uh no sir.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey, I just had a buddy IM me that their shop has 3 SP01 Compacts in. This is not good news. I'll try to take a run by to take a look at them tomorrow, but need to stay strong. Is there an honest need to add a compact, all steel, railed, 9mm CZ? Hell, who am I kidding about this 'need' thing. My biggest concern right now is the weight. It makes for a great shooter, but would it make a great carry gun? I could see a gun like this becoming a good beater gun, but that base is well covered by the P07s. To say the least, I'm kind of intrigued by this, if for no other reason than it's different.
    A local shop has one. I have groped it a time or two. It didn't really do anything for me. One, I'm not a big fan of a rail on a compact. Two, I've become so enamored with how the surplus guns turn out that the thought of breaking in a NIB gun from scratch sounds pretty tedious.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning BA.
    All my guns are still clean as I haven't been doing much shooting lately. I don't see that changing for another week or so.
    Morning, T-D. The only reason some of mine need cleaning is that I only clean them after three or four trips. I have been procrastinating as usual. Since the weather is crappy this is a good day to catch up.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    300 BLK pistol kit shows due to arrive on Tuesday.
    Ammo for that still shows "awaiting fulfillment" from Freedom Munitions, website says 5-10 days or more to process the order. Both ordered on 12/8.

:nailbite:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think I will clean some guns today. I need to paint some mags and then load up all the empty ones.

I desparately need to clean as well. I've put it off longer than I should have. Today and tomorrow are pretty booked though. Oh well, maybe I'll have time to at least run a bore snake through them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning cbc. I have to take a little inventory today also. I am slowly but surely transitioning to TFX sights. I need a list of the guns that still need to be switched and some sort of priority list.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All of mine are not ready to be cleaned yet. Not enough rounds through any of them to do the maint.
    I might get into the P-07 and do some maint. on it but good to go on the rest.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All of mine are not ready to be cleaned yet. Not enough rounds through any of them to do the maint.
    I might get into the P-07 and do some maint. on it but good to go on the rest.
    I need to check some recoil springs and I need to start setting aside the magazines that need new springs. That will be a chore to replace all those. :ugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom