88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Thanks for the heads up on the roads. I was about to head out for grocery shopping with the wife. I'll have to take a look to see how bad things are out there right now.

I'm kinda torn on the SP01 Compact. Someone on the CZFirearms site weighed theirs loaded and said that it came in at over 44 oz carry weight. My P01 weighs 34.4 oz. It's hard to believe that there could be a 10 oz difference just because it's steel framed. If that's true, it would make for a great shooter, but I don't see it getting carried much.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On the other hand, there are 29 pages of SP01 Compact love there too. I'll have to go take a look at one today. I don't imagine they'll fly off the shelf, so I should have time to ponder the situation.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm holding out for a Rami lami ding dong.
    Also forgot that I want to get a 10mm conversion barrel for my G****.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do have a tendency to overthink things at times, but on the gun issue, I'm just coming to grips with the fact that I couldn't be happy with one gun no more than I could be happy finding one song and listening to only that for the rest of my days. It's no different for me than in enjoying a variety of foods. As much as I love a good pot roast with mashed potatos, I could not eat only that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I honestly envy the guys that can choose one gun and just be happy with that but I've accepted the fact that just because this week a P07 in .40 seems to be the perfect gun, next week I'll probably have the CCO back in the holster and will be wondering why I own anything else.

From that perspective, the SP01C adds something I don't have today. That might be enough to justify bringing it home, but I also need to accept the fact that before it's done, it's a $900 commitment of money that I need to spend elsewhere. If I do end up bringing it home, it will be an exchange for something else. Right now, I'm thinking either Ruger GSR or the recent CZ 9mm P09 I picked up. I've done nothing to that gun except polish the internals and maybe a lighter trigger return spring.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do have a tendency to overthink things at times, but on the gun issue, I'm just coming to grips with the fact that I couldn't be happy with one gun no more than I could be happy finding one song and listening to only that for the rest of my days. It's no different for me than in enjoying a variety of foods. As much as I love a good pot roast with mashed potatos, I could not eat only that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I honestly envy the guys that can choose one gun and just be happy with that but I've accepted the fact that just because this week a P07 in .40 seems to be the perfect gun, next week I'll probably have the CCO back in the holster and will be wondering why I own anything else.

From that perspective, the SP01C adds something I don't have today. That might be enough to justify bringing it home, but I also need to accept the fact that before it's done, it's a $900 commitment of money that I need to spend elsewhere. If I do end up bringing it home, it will be an exchange for something else. Right now, I'm thinking either Ruger GSR or the recent CZ 9mm P09 I picked up. I've done nothing to that gun except polish the internals and maybe a lighter trigger return spring.

My P-09 is becoming a favorite with the spouse. She likes the custom 1911 Fusion I got for her (9mm) but the P-09 works well for her. It is heavy fully loaded compared with the Fusion.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My P-09 is becoming a favorite with the spouse. She likes the custom 1911 Fusion I got for her (9mm) but the P-09 works well for her. It is heavy fully loaded compared with the Fusion.

That's been the intent for this P09 as well. I keep a P09 in .40 on my nightstand and the P09 in 9mm would be perfect for the wife. But, realistically, she has never been comfortable with a pistol on her nightstand, so whatever I end up doing with it will most likely reside in the safe when done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's been the intent for this P09 as well. I keep a P09 in .40 on my nightstand and the P09 in 9mm would be perfect for the wife. But, realistically, she has never been comfortable with a pistol on her nightstand, so whatever I end up doing with it will most likely reside in the safe when done.

We now have a series of CZ's in the HD mode. She can run them all. They are 9mm so no issues with recoil. She can run a .45 but prefers a 9. I keep a 1911 for myself in this capacity. If need be she can run it as well.
    The CZ's fit her better.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have almost zero interest in handguns right now, I've been in a rifle mood for awhile. I'm sitting good on handguns for my basic needs, but for some reason I will allow myself to have rifles that go beyond that. I think it's because of the modular design of the AR.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have almost zero interest in handguns right now, I've been in a rifle mood for awhile. I'm sitting good on handguns for my basic needs, but for some reason I will allow myself to have rifles that go beyond that. I think it's because of the modular design of the AR.
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. You're just a psyko.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been putting together some serious AR's lately. Very serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom