Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, I just had a buddy IM me that their shop has 3 SP01 Compacts in. This is not good news. I'll try to take a run by to take a look at them tomorrow, but need to stay strong. Is there an honest need to add a compact, all steel, railed, 9mm CZ? Hell, who am I kidding about this 'need' thing. My biggest concern right now is the weight. It makes for a great shooter, but would it make a great carry gun? I could see a gun like this becoming a good beater gun, but that base is well covered by the P07s. To say the least, I'm kind of intrigued by this, if for no other reason than it's different.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, I just had a buddy IM me that their shop has 3 SP01 Compacts in. This is not good news. I'll try to take a run by to take a look at them tomorrow, but need to stay strong. Is there an honest need to add a compact, all steel, railed, 9mm CZ? Hell, who am I kidding about this 'need' thing. My biggest concern right now is the weight. It makes for a great shooter, but would it make a great carry gun? I could see a gun like this becoming a good beater gun, but that base is well covered by the P07s. To say the least, I'm kind of intrigued by this, if for no other reason than it's different.

You are my idol when you start to justify these things rationally.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I thought the P-01 was the compact version of the SP-01? :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think I need to root through the safe to see what needs a new home. There are a few that don't get out and about any more. But, Tom, you're right about it possibly being a really nice shooter. It is an interesting pistol since it's got an ambi safety too. Imagine this with a full Pro kit, VZ Frags and TFX Pros. Timing is awful though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In the fear I was replacing the Furnace in our rental next door (the terrorists live there) I was looking at selling something to help cover this unexpected expense.
    I was looking hard at the Compact I just got from BA or (Shiver.....:nailbite:) the RAMI.

Turned out the furnace was a simple fix..........................:faint:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's good to hear CM. Selling a gun to fund another can be rough, but having to sell one to fund fixing something that was previously working well really sucks. Glad to hear the dice were in your favor this time around.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's good to hear CM. Selling a gun to fund another can be rough, but having to sell one to fund fixing something that was previously working well really sucks. Glad to hear the dice were in your favor this time around.

Thanks 88. I had the funds but that was not what I had intended them for.
    I have a hungry car.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have the same issue right now. The '69 needs a lot of parts for this winter's refresh and I have not even begun buying them yet. The interior alone will be expensive but it also needs suspension work, a driveshaft rebuild and a timing belt. I always find it funny how I'll resist buying a $600 set of seat covers for a car that badly needs them while not thinking too hard about buying a $600 pistol with zero need behind the purchase. For $500, I can put a LSD in the '69 but have not done it despite cursing not having one for years when on gravel in the back roads but then I spent that on ammo parts and unneeded grips on BF. I think that it's becoming clear to me exactly what an addiction feels like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom