Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Flat round metal feed pan and 1/2 a bag of match light charcoal. Todays cars might be too low and too plastic for this but it works on 4wd pickups.

I was working 3rds at a local full service gas station at the time I had the freeze up.
    Had I known of the problem the car would have been in the bays and a customer car left out in the cold so to speak but I was not aware.
    I cut up some boxes and slid a small metal skid under the nose. Started the boxes on fire and used other boxes to block the wind as it was a nasty weather day.
    It did not take long if memory serves. The 413 Max wedge rumbled to life and after a good warm up I got it to my dads heated garage.
    The heater core was frozen up as well.

I doubt todays cars would survive this treatment.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was working 3rds at a local full service gas station at the time I had the freeze up.
    Had I known of the problem the car would have been in the bays and a customer car left pout in the cold so to speak but I was not aware.
    I cut up some boxes and slid a small metal skid under the nose. Started the boxes on fire and used other boxes to block the wind as it was a nasty weather day.
    It did not take long if memory serves. The 413 Max wedge rumbled to life and after a good warm up I got it to my dads heated garage.
    The heater core was frozen up as well.

I doubt todays cars would survive this treatment.
    No they wouldn't considering most if not all radiator tanks are plastic now...

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I just enjoy the games too much to give them up. Don't enjoy the huge crowds but I deal with it. Wife is a Butler grad so we are watching them play IU tomorrow. Should be fun. My brother plays football in college, so we go to as many of his games as we can. Big University of Tennessee football fan, so I try to make it to at least one of their games a year. That is 100,000 + people at those games. Didn't go to a Colts game this year, but will start again when my brother is done playing.

I have given up the 500. Used to go every year but 3-5 hundred thousand people is just too much.

Why a Tennessee Fan?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Hard to say. Service Stabilitrak message and Reduced Engine Power message came on. Capped me at about 12 miles/hour. Fortunately I was in the middle of the country and a half mile from work. I turned it off and then back on, messages went away and drove ok again.

I was gonna say, if that doesn't work, try hitting it in various places. That cures all.
    Morning, I think Rusty would agree to first try a 5 lbs sledge hammer, if no result the 10 lbs will work wonders:rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom