Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very true. I'm sure we won't be outside walking around too much.

I have to look at a sick heat pump tomorrow morning.
    Then we are having a "B" day party for my sons daughter. Turns 5.
    Then we are keeping my daughters 3 girls (avatar is 2 of them) and the "B" day girl for a slumber party.
    I am sure Sunday will be a day of recovery for us.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Team CZ! :coffee:

I need to do brakes on the wife's car tomorrow, so warmer is better in the garage. I also need to squeeze in time to do a bathroom floor, paint that same bathroom, move stuff to storage and rearrange how I have my basement bar set up. Lots of family coming in over Christmas, so need to add a bit more seating down there.

On the shooting thing, I think it would be cool to have a couple of themed shoots each year. Maybe start off with a Winter War shoot with Mosins and Mausers (plus whatever else the Finns managed to import or capture) and then, before it warms up, do a Battle of the Bulge shoot with Garands, Carbines, 1911s, P38s and K98s. I'm sure that we could justify having CZs in there somewhere too.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning Team CZ! :coffee:

I need to do brakes on the wife's car tomorrow, so warmer is better in the garage. I also need to squeeze in time to do a bathroom floor, paint that same bathroom, move stuff to storage and rearrange how I have my basement bar set up. Lots of family coming in over Christmas, so need to add a bit more seating down there.

On the shooting thing, I think it would be cool to have a couple of themed shoots each year. Maybe start off with a Winter War shoot with Mosins and Mausers (plus whatever else the Finns managed to import or capture) and then, before it warms up, do a Battle of the Bulge shoot with Garands, Carbines, 1911s, P38s and K98s. I'm sure that we could justify having CZs in there somewhere too.
    Morning 88.

I am doing brakes on a 67 Corvette. Be glad that you don't have to drill rivets out to pull rotors.... Not fun.

I like the idea of themed shoots. Sounds like I'm gonna need more guns though... One at a time. One. At. A. Time....

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I don't do lots of people at sporting events anymore...

I just enjoy the games too much to give them up. Don't enjoy the huge crowds but I deal with it. Wife is a Butler grad so we are watching them play IU tomorrow. Should be fun. My brother plays football in college, so we go to as many of his games as we can. Big University of Tennessee football fan, so I try to make it to at least one of their games a year. That is 100,000 + people at those games. Didn't go to a Colts game this year, but will start again when my brother is done playing.

I have given up the 500. Used to go every year but 3-5 hundred thousand people is just too much.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The problem with people right now is that too many of them think that the world ends past the end of their own nose. They think nothing of idling along 5mph under the limit while chatting on the phone right next to a different moron doing the same thing while traffic backs up behind the two of them. The older I get, the fewer people I can tolerate.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The problem with people right now is that too many of them think that the world ends past the end of their own nose. They think nothing of idling along 5mph under the limit while chatting on the phone right next to a different moron doing the same thing while traffic backs up behind the two of them. The older I get, the fewer people I can tolerate.

Yep, that's me as well. Can't stand inconsiderate people and the world is too full of them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know anybody dumb enough to work on cars for a living. Have you tried sweet talking it a little bit? They don't like the cold...

The Germans used to light fires under the engines of their aircraft to warm them up on the Russian front. Then again, the Germans lost that war, so I don't recommend doing that Maan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Germans used to light fires under the engines of their aircraft to warm them up on the Russian front. Then again, the Germans lost that war, so I don't recommend doing that Maan.

I did this as a very young man. I bought a "X" state police interceptor at the auction to replace the one my at that time girlfriend wrecked.
    IO did not check it out closely and turns out it did not have enough Anti-freeze in it. Had to build a fire under ihe raduiator to get the bottom tank thawed so I could get it in my dads heated Reagan for a day to thaw it all out. Lucky nothing broke.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Just a temper tantrum or something for real.

Hard to say. Service Stabilitrak message and Reduced Engine Power message came on. Capped me at about 12 miles/hour. Fortunately I was in the middle of the country and a half mile from work. I turned it off and then back on, messages went away and drove ok again.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hard to say. Service Stabilitrak message and Reduced Engine Power message came on. Capped me at about 12 miles/hour. Fortunately I was in the middle of the country and a half mile from work. I turned it off and then back on, messages went away and drove ok again.
    I was gonna say, if that doesn't work, try hitting it in various places. That cures all.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I did this as a very young man. I bought a "X" state police interceptor at the auction to replace the one my at that time girlfriend wrecked.
    IO did not check it out closely and turns out it did not have enough Anti-freeze in it. Had to build a fire under ihe raduiator to get the bottom tank thawed so I could get it in my dads heated Reagan for a day to thaw it all out. Lucky nothing broke.
    Flat round metal feed pan and 1/2 a bag of match light charcoal. Todays cars might be too low and too plastic for this but it works on 4wd pickups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom