Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, loading a 21 round mag and then doing a mag dump is a whole lot more fun, but it's more fun for a much shorter time. But, dumping 21+1 rounds through a P09 quickly does an amazing job of relieving job stress.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The key to a nice long range trip is to load 1 round at a time. You load it, shoot it, then go down and contemplate the shot. Stop, smoke a pipe for a bit, maybe make a sandwich and then go back and load one more round. You can make a box of 50 last all day that way.
    :): This is where blackpowder comes into play.

Speaking of which, I know I said this the other day, but I am in the mood. I'd really like to add a flintlock rifle to the collection.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The key to enjoying a 21+1 round fast mag dump on a steel target is imagining that the target is the cherished doll house from the source of your job stress's youth. Imagine she brought out that beloved family heirloom to show you and you decided that you would return the stesser's favor by adding 22 sky lights to it.

Problem is, my current job has no stesser's yet. The old job I left last summer had quite a few.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to add a flint lock rifle too. I have a BP pistol in the form of an 1860 Army, but that's too modern sometimes. There's nothing like the moment between pulling the trigger on a flintlock and the ignition where you wonder briefly if it's going to fire.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I need to add a flint lock rifle too. I have a BP pistol in the form of an 1860 Army, but that's too modern sometimes. There's nothing like the moment between pulling the trigger on a flintlock and the ignition where you wonder briefly if it's going to fire.
    Yes that's way too modern. Who needs multiple rounds? Passing fad I say.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to learn to enjoy shooting other people's guns. Also, driving other people's cars. I don't know why, but when I shoot someone else's gun, it rarely makes an impression on me. I tend to not even want to drive their cars when offered for some reason. I have a buddy that's trades in a lot of neat stuff and on occasion, he'll offer to let me take one of them for a spin. I actually turned down the offer to take his Viper out one day. I have driven a couple of his cars, but don't remember what they were like.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I really need to learn to enjoy shooting other people's guns. Also, driving other people's cars. I don't know why, but when I shoot someone else's gun, it rarely makes an impression on me. I tend to not even want to drive their cars when offered for some reason. I have a buddy that's trades in a lot of neat stuff and on occasion, he'll offer to let me take one of them for a spin. I actually turned down the offer to take his Viper out one day. I have driven a couple of his cars, but don't remember what they were like.
    I get this feeling as well. It's a lot to take it all at once. When driving a customers car, I am so worried about other drivers, I usually forget why I'm even driving the car... I don't like other people driving my vehicles...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe we should schedule a Valley Forge shoot for January 2018. That will give us a year to find something that would be a repro from a rifle of that era. Then we shoot them in the freezing cold just because.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom