Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Always being allergic to plastic I am amazed that 3 Polymers are resting comfortably in the safe just waiting for the call.

I am looking at letting 1 go to make a slot for possibly a CZ 1911. Still on the fence about that one.
    As I am downsizing I have considered letting the Phantom get away from me. I'm very glad I didn't.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Always being allergic to plastic I am amazed that 3 Polymers are resting comfortably in the safe just waiting for the call.

I am looking at letting 1 go to make a slot for possibly a CZ 1911. Still on the fence about that one.

I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy the CZ 1911. Since you're not a fan of the mil-spec style guns, the CZ's A1-ness would not be a plus for you. And, if you are going to pull the internals and replace them with your normal upgrade package, you would only be getting one for the forged frame and slide. These are expensive if you don't keep the internals.

On the other hand, since you don't have a good, straight slide serrated, as JMB designed, military style work horse, one of these would definitely be a plus to your collection. With a bit of polishing, the trigger cleans up well. The sights are a weak point, but AllenM can fix that easily. Right now, I just run mine with a front sight painted yellow and a set of finger groove grips.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I were in the market for a non-CZ I would seriously consider the Sig 320. I was very impressed with T-D's. I recently saw that they have them in .45. Very tempting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not sure how much you'd enjoy the CZ 1911. Since you're not a fan of the mil-spec style guns, the CZ's A1-ness would not be a plus for you. And, if you are going to pull the internals and replace them with your normal upgrade package, you would only be getting one for the forged frame and slide. These are expensive if you don't keep the internals.

On the other hand, since you don't have a good, straight slide serrated, as JMB designed, military style work horse, one of these would definitely be a plus to your collection. With a bit of polishing, the trigger cleans up well. The sights are a weak point, but AllenM can fix that easily. Right now, I just run mine with a front sight painted yellow and a set of finger groove grips.

I do agree. But I like the plain Jane looks of these when just a bit of love is applied to them (MilSpec)
    As a reference point.....my buddy's all love the RS/SS 69 Camaro's.......Give me a COPO with steelies and dog bowls.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :coffee: Morning gents and Snap. Hoping to be back in the CZ saddle soon. After carrying the 1911 for the past few weeks I've reignited my love for steel guns and my indifference to polymer in general. I just can't fall in love with polymer. I realize it's place in the world, but I have more appreciation for a nicely crafted piece of metal.

That being said, I've decided to finally put the Sig P320 up for grabs in hope of acquiring my long sought after SP-01.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...de-9mm-package-deal-ft-wayne.html#post6305013

I will say in open Forum that I shot this and was very impressed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You have an update on the price tally on the custom yet? As long as it's less expensive than a Harley, you're all good :rockwoot:

Yeah I just found this as well.
    AllenM is a good friend. I suppose he would show this to me eventually but knows I am weak.
    I am feeding the custom build with right now. It is very Hungary.......:)

I think that is a country not a condition

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Sorry to hear that.
    Hopefully you'll get more than you paid for it if they total it
    send me a photo if you have one

I don't know that I'll get more, as the car wasn't worth what I paid for it, when I looked it up. Would be nice though. No, no photos. Monica was too shaken up to think about it and I never got out to see it. I have a feeling we're going to take a financial hit, either way it goes, but I don't know. Fingers are crossed and prayers are sent for the best outcome.

I personally have USAA , they told me that they will insure that Geico does not put the screws to me.

So you're a USAA member and they will help you with Geico? How does that work? Just curious as I'm a USAA member as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I don't know that I'll get more, as the car wasn't worth what I paid for it, when I looked it up. Would be nice though. No, no photos. Monica was too shaken up to think about it and I never got out to see it. I have a feeling we're going to take a financial hit, either way it goes, but I don't know. Fingers are crossed and prayers are sent for the best outcome.

So you're a USAA member and they will help you with Geico? How does that work? Just curious as I'm a USAA member as well.

Any rig I bought off the lot had "Gap" insurance on it. It covered us for the diff when (and usually ) we were hit.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

the only thing USAA can really do is handle the claim (maybe suspend your collision coverage deductible) and pay it, then subrogate the other insurance company to collect the money they paid out on your claim.
    If you have to pay your collision deductible, they would add that to the subrogation demand and get it back too.
    That's really all they can do other than try to make you feel warm and fuzzy about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom