• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Some insurance companies try to pay out wholesale if they total out your vehicle. I was told by USAA not to except that sort of settlement. My car was paid for so if it is totaled I just want them to replace it with the same year, make and model. 2003 Jetta is what I've been driving.

Insurance companies don't replace anything, they don't fix anything, they just pay for stuff.
    You'll get a check for a 2003 Jetta. They won't buy you another vehicle. Too much liability involved.
    As far as the "wholesale" thing goes, they are supposed to pay what your vehicle is worth in whatever condition your vehicle is in with same mileage, etc... at the retail level.
    if you car is a POS, they won't give you the same amount they would if it were in pristine condition.
    The problem is most people think of their POS car as pristine and want full overblown Kelly Blue Book value and think they are being shafted when they don't get it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Insurance companies don't replace anything, they don't fix anything, they just pay for stuff.
    You'll get a check for a 2003 Jetta. They won't buy you another vehicle. Too much liability involved.
    As far as the "wholesale" thing goes, they are supposed to pay what your vehicle is worth in whatever condition your vehicle is in with same mileage, etc... at the retail level.
    if you car is a POS, they won't give you the same amount they would if it were in pristine condition.
    The problem is most people think of their POS car as pristine and want full overblown Kelly Blue Book value and think they are being shafted when they don't get it.

I know better. The car was a POS, which is why I'm bummed. No way we'll get what we owe on it. Just checked and it may only be worth as little as $1600 plus tax :(

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

I don't expect them to go and buy me the car. Just give me a check for the total cost to replace it with the same make and model. No more, No less.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Not been looking as I already have an SP-01 Phantom that went across the Wizards bench. He does my CZ's and I do his 1911's.

You might try cruising the 1500. We found a few CZ's for sale reasonably priced at the last one.
    Call Beech Grove, Bradis, Plainfield shooting supply's (Bob's) and inquire.

Bob at PSS had a SP01 tactical about a month ago, if i remember correctly

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Stopped by the 1500 this afternoon for a quick trip and ran into CM and BA. I ended up picking up bullets for the M1 Carbine and 300 BO build as well as a set of 300 BO dies. I've already converted 10 .223 cases into 300 BO. It's kind of cool, making your own cases for an expensive cartridge out of one of the most abundant cases around.

There was a guy in the back room selling mil-surplus stuff cheap. Real cheap, as in $1 radio bags (handy for carrying 1500 booty), $2 admin kits, and $5 first aide kits. I should have bought more stuff to keep in the vehicles, but was challenged for ways to carry too much of it. Oddly, I forgot to actually look at guns. I don't think I picked up a single gun while there.

Right now, relaxing with a fire in the fireplace and a bit of Woodford bourbon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One day, a stainless 75B will be mine. I do wish the came in .40 though, but I can always get a standard 75B in .40 and have it plated until CZ realizes that stainless is good seller in today's market. I've seen BA's compact and it probably still has remnents of drool from the encounter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One day, a stainless 75B will be mine. I do wish the came in .40 though, but I can always get a standard 75B in .40 and have it plated until CZ realizes that stainless is good seller in today's market. I've seen BA's compact and it probably still has remnents of drool from the encounter.

He cleans them up pretty well after these drool fests.......:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom