• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Some people are trash. But as long as she comes home not hurt, all is good.

What a crap day. Wife called about an hour ago and said she'd been in a car accident. Going to lunch someone hit her and took off. If we're lucky the car will be written off as totaled. Either way it's going to cost us... *sigh*

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    All this talk of C5s and 141s is making me nostalgic. I worked sheetmetal on both at Travis back in the '80s. Lot's of honeycomb and corrosion under the heads worked. Glamorous stuff, but fun times.

I worked Hydraulics on both. I kept you guys very busy back then.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I hate hit and run drivers... Scum of the earth. Another thing to keep in mind, always, always file a police report. No matter how minor or no matter what kind of sob story they try to tell.

Hoping everything turns out ok for you and her.

Yep, she did file a police report, so we're good there. Agree with the scum of the earth comment, that's for sure.

Oh man, I hope she is okay. I know about the back thing.

Yep, same here. Both the wife and I have back problems. Her's are worse now, but hopefully it's just temporary.

Sorry to hear that. Some people are trash. But as long as she comes home not hurt, all is good.

Mostly unhurt, so we're fine for now. I'm sure it's going to hurt financially, but not much we can do about that.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was rear ended a week ago today. Anyone here ever deal with GEICO?

Not I. We have Liberty Mutual, which I've heard good and bad about. I think they handled things reasonably well, getting a wrecker dispatched and contacting the rental car agency for us once the wife called them. So far so good, we'll see (knocking on wood)...

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    What a crap day. Wife called about an hour ago and said she'd been in a car accident. Going to lunch someone hit her and took off. If we're lucky the car will be written off as totaled. Either way it's going to cost us... *sigh*

Sorry to hear that.
    Hopefully you'll get more than you paid for it if they total it
    send me a photo if you have one

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Not I. We have Liberty Mutual, which I've heard good and bad about. I think they handled things reasonably well, getting a wrecker dispatched and contacting the rental car agency for us once the wife called them. So far so good, we'll see (knocking on wood)...
    I personally have USAA , they told me that they will insure that Geico does not put the screws to me.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning gents and Snap. Hoping to be back in the CZ saddle soon. After carrying the 1911 for the past few weeks I've reignited my love for steel guns and my indifference to polymer in general. I just can't fall in love with polymer. I realize it's place in the world, but I have more appreciation for a nicely crafted piece of metal.

That being said, I've decided to finally put the Sig P320 up for grabs in hope of acquiring my long sought after SP-01.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...de-9mm-package-deal-ft-wayne.html#post6305013

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning, T-D. I generally share your disdain for polymer. But, I have come to love my Phantom. Partially because of the Cajun/Wizard goodness but mostly, I think, because it has the ergonomics of a steel gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I recently purchased some Freedom ammunition. It is the new stuff not the remanufactured. I ran three mags of it through the 75B in .40 last night and was pleasantly surprised. I will run a little more next time I hit the range but, so far, I would say it is a very good buy for the money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Always being allergic to plastic I am amazed that 3 Polymers are resting comfortably in the safe just waiting for the call.

I am looking at letting 1 go to make a slot for possibly a CZ 1911. Still on the fence about that one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

T-D, that's a good deal on the P320. If it were in .40 or .45, I would have been digging through the couch cushions trying to come up with some spare cash to jump on that. Right now, I'm trying to find the spare cash for the 1500 today. I have a shopping list that needs funded.

Who all is going to be at the 1500 this afternoon? I'm hoping to get there today to preserve the weekend for other stuff. I'm toying with taking the 930 SPX and carrying it with a $550 price tag. If it sells, great. If not, I'll load the mag for the trip back to the car. Rough neigborhood you know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom