Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the only thing USAA can really do is handle the claim (maybe suspend your collision coverage deductible) and pay it, then subrogate the other insurance company to collect the money they paid out on your claim.
    If you have to pay your collision deductible, they would add that to the subrogation demand and get it back too.
    That's really all they can do other than try to make you feel warm and fuzzy about it.

Pee-Pee pants in a dark suit....same thing.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nice. I'm really interested to see how much a full boat custom ends up costing from AllenM. Seems like it's going to be less expensive than a WC, Nighthawk, etc... and you're going to get something so much cooler.

On a very loose tally I am north of 2K I think after changing up to the 6" parts. Still have all the doo-dads and thinhgamajigs to get for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice. I'm really interested to see how much a full boat custom ends up costing from AllenM. Seems like it's going to be less expensive than a WC, Nighthawk, etc... and you're going to get something so much cooler.

The big ticket items were that 6" change up and a Trijicon optic. That pushed it just north of 2K

I will be into it (Parts) north of $2600 in the end. Then I have to get some Mags.....:)

We estimated north of $4K when we started.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Guess I'll find out today if I have that and if it helps... :)

Gap insurance is for vehicles with loans.
    It covers the "gap" between what you owe on the loan and what the car is actually worth, if there is a difference.
    Keeps you from owing a balance on a loan for a car you don't have anymore because it was totaled.
    Gap insurance is good for new cars & trucks that go down in value more than the loan payment every month or for those "buy here, pay here" car lots that sell $5000 cars for $12,000 because the buyer's credit sucks.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Man, that's not too bad at all. I would have expected it to cost more for a full boat hot rod. $2600+ is not bad at all, and especially considering you've got a $500+ optic baked into that.

The big ticket items were that 6" change up and a Trijicon optic. That pushed it just north of 2K

I will be into it (Parts) north of $2600 in the end. Then I have to get some Mags.....:)

We estimated north of $4K when we started.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gap insurance is for vehicles with loans.
    It covers the "gap" between what you owe on the loan and what the car is actually worth, if there is a difference.
    Keeps you from owing a balance on a loan for a car you don't have anymore because it was totaled.
    Gap insurance is good for new cars & trucks that go down in value more than the loan payment every month or for those "buy here, pay here" car lots that sell $5000 cars for $12,000 because the buyer's credit sucks.

Yep, don't have it. I got the loan through my credit union as a personal loan, as it had a much better interest rate than a used car loan.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Uninsured motorist coverage only applies if you can identify the other driver and verify they have no insurance.

I'm just full of good news today :(

I have "full coverage" whatever the heck that means. I pay through the nose for insurance, so we'll see if that helps at all. I have a conference call for work shortly and I plan to contact my agent in the early afternoon to see what's what.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Some insurance companies try to pay out wholesale if they total out your vehicle. I was told by USAA not to except that sort of settlement. My car was paid for so if it is totaled I just want them to replace it with the same year, make and model. 2003 Jetta is what I've been driving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom