Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from a rainy trip to MCFG. Today was a CZ day with both the CZ 1911 and 40P being run. Both ran without an issue, but my shooting kind of sucked. I'm not sure if it was the rain, hood that kept falling over my eyes or what, but it was not my best day out there. Even with that, it was a good time and I have a nice 'been shooting' high going right now. Life is good!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just got back from a rainy trip to MCFG. Today was a CZ day with both the CZ 1911 and 40P being run. Both ran without an issue, but my shooting kind of sucked. I'm not sure if it was the rain, hood that kept falling over my eyes or what, but it was not my best day out there. Even with that, it was a good time and I have a nice 'been shooting' high going right now. Life is good!

Very cool. Taking my niece to the range on Sunday, so I'm waiting....:nailbite:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm setting my garage goal for 2016 to have the '68 Spider chassis ready for paint by October. There's a lot of work to do to get there, but it's doable. The original color was Positano Yellow, but my '69 is also Positano Yellow and if I restore to the original color, my garage will look like a school bus parking lot. Or, a taxi cab lot. Right now, I'm thinking it will either be bright red over tan or sky blue over black. There's a medium blue that would look good too.
    I vote for school bus yellow. :):

Our garage age at home looks like a bomb exploded inside a '57 Chevy..... It's been sitting about 3 years torn apart, too much time spent working on other peoples projects.... I had the frame powder coated, local shop here does some things pretty cheap for cash, had the frame blasted, picked it up, repaired the rust, he re blasted it and coated it gloss black all for $250..... I couldn't paint it that cheap.....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning WT, BA, 88

Morning sir! I really need to get the 40P up to you. As soon as I can scrape funds together to pick up the parts, I'll give you a call to see if you can help make this as good as it should be. Unfortunately, it's tuition payment season so funds are tight right now. But, sometime this spring I'll give you a call.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Morning sir! I really need to get the 40P up to you. As soon as I can scrape funds together to pick up the parts, I'll give you a call to see if you can help make this as good as it should be. Unfortunately, it's tuition payment season so funds are tight right now. But, sometime this spring I'll give you a call.

Anytime my friend!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sounds interesting. I have an X1/9 sitting on the back patio for winter storage right now.
    Forgot I was gonna tell at lunch. So the story goes one of his buddies had just purchased a brand new X1/9, would have been around '79-'80ish. They were out driving around, screwing around, flying past people on the highway, flipping them the bird, yelling at people, you know being typical young men. Well naturally the engine blows, smoke rolling out from underhood, pull off to the side of the road and what happens? All those people they drove past are now passing them! Dad says all they could do was sit in the car and look straight ahead...

So the mention of Fiats around here always end up with a good story.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is funny. My brother bought a brand new X1/9 back in '79 while he was still in high school. He terrorized the town in that thing, but it never let him down. His biggest embarrassing moment was spinning it in front of a bunch of people he had just passed. Those little cars seem to bring out the most aggressive side of the folks that drive them. I've only been into Fiats since the mid-90s. Always loved them from the time I went with my brother when he picked his up, but it was 15 years before I bought one of my own. They are fun little cars that captures the Italian driving experience on a Ford budget. I've had 6 of them and all together, don't think I spent $2000 in total. My first was a '77 that I paid $1000 for, followed up by a series of $100 salvage vehicles. The '69 cost $500 and the '68 was $250. The X1/9 was free.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is funny. My brother bought a brand new X1/9 back in '79 while he was still in high school. He terrorized the town in that thing, but it never let him down. His biggest embarrassing moment was spinning it in front of a bunch of people he had just passed. Those little cars seem to bring out the most aggressive side of the folks that drive them. I've only been into Fiats since the mid-90s. Always loved them from the time I went with my brother when he picked his up, but it was 15 years before I bought one of my own. They are fun little cars that captures the Italian driving experience on a Ford budget. I've had 6 of them and all together, don't think I spent $2000 in total. My first was a '77 that I paid $1000 for, followed up by a series of $100 salvage vehicles. The '69 cost $500 and the '68 was $250. The X1/9 was free.
    Even as tall as I am, I've always like the older 500's. Guess that comes from spending a lot of time as a teen around aircooled VWs...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom