• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Change of plans tonight. My old man and I both realized we were tired enough that it didn't make sense to paint the Roadrunner tonight when we can start fresh tomorrow. It's in the booth and parts are ready to go.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is a butt load of work to get one ready........the right way.
    Understatement of the year..... Out of everything that could possibly be done to a car, my least favorite is masking.... I'd rather be covered in filler dust, primer dust, grinder dust or sweating my ass off in a 100 degree paint booth wearing a paint suit than mask a car up....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are lots of dirty jobs in working on cars. Anything that has to do with paint is my least favorite. I don't think I enjoy just about any of it. I sure like the final product, it's just the process that I don't care for.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There are lots of dirty jobs in working on cars. Anything that has to do with paint is my least favorite. I don't think I enjoy just about any of it. I sure like the final product, it's just the process that I don't care for.
    I enjoy everything, but masking.... I grew up in a body shop so none of it phases me and I really enjoy it. Blocking primer is my absolute favorite thing to do. I'm ok with blowing dusty boogers out of my nose, but grease under the fingernails bothers me a little bit.... But at the end of the day, there's nothing I'd rather be doing, unless it involves firearms...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I love those "old" ones ..... 60's & 70's are my fav .....
    I like all old cars. Mostly work on '50s- late '60s stuff. Did have the pleasure to work on a '40 Studebaker business coupe not too long ago, man that car was good looking and simple..... I like the simple stuff, manual windows, transmissions, steering, brakes. They are way fun to drive like that, make you feel more in touch with the car and the road, oddly enough though my '72 Grand Prix has power everything.....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That looks like a man's playground!
    It is. That's where all the tear down, assembly and mechanical work get done. Only 3 of us back there, only 2 most of the time. All the covered ones are the owner of the dealership that we are tucked secretly back into. Somewhere in there are a '70 El Camino 454SS, '69 Camaro SS/RS 396, '69 Camaro Z/28 love that 302, '66 Corvette 427 convert, '77 MGB, '71 Cutlass 442 convert, '51 Chevy truck, '69 Mustang Mach 1 428 super cobra jet (that ones super rare, factory drag pack with 4.30 rear gear and 4 speed, that'll put some starch in your shorts!). I've driven most of them, if he told me I could have one I'd struggle between the elky and 442....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Anything in this thread being discussed that I can afford? :(
    There are still plenty of affordable fun cars out there. Fox body mustangs, third gen f bodies, c4 corvettes. All fun and the performance is adequate, handling good. Have a friend with 3 fox stangers, he drove one recently on a highway trip, got 27 mpg out of a 23 year old v8. Third gen F bodies can be really sweet and accept mods very well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom