Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Highlights from today's range trip with Rusty:

- It was cold and windy, we didn't do our best, but we both tried to make the most of it and both learned from the numerous experiences.
    - Hillside is a very nice range that will allow us to take the next steps in training. This just opened a new chapter for us.
    - M1A Socom puts a big smile on faces.
    - I am good with iron sights up to 50yds, but suck at 100yds.
    - I was very pleased with the AR pistol and AR rifle accuracy at 100 yds using 2moa red dots.
    - 9mm bored the snot out of me today.
    - I began to solve my shooting high left issue with the Glock 26. I shifted my grip slightly to get better finger position on the face of the trigger and utilized the push pull technique of gripping that I overheard CM talking about during one of our shoots. It works. And I carried it over to the other guns, control of the gun felt much better. I will practice this method from now on.
    - Lever action Henry 22s are way cool to shoot, especially with cci 22 quiets.
    - Slam firing an Ithaca shotgun could be addictive. One cool a$$ shotgun.
    - I loved loved loved Rusty's Ruger Commander 1911. I couldn't stop shooting it.
    - Mag dumps are way too much fun, even in 22lr.
    - Don't stay longer at the range than what your wife thought you were going to, no matter what you told her in the morning before you left. Cranky wife is no bueno for anyone around.
    I approve of this message.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Highlights from today's range trip with Rusty:

- It was cold and windy, we didn't do our best, but we both tried to make the most of it and both learned from the numerous experiences.
    - Hillside is a very nice range that will allow us to take the next steps in training. This just opened a new chapter for us.
    - M1A Socom puts a big smile on faces.
    - I am good with iron sights up to 50yds, but suck at 100yds.
    - I was very pleased with the AR pistol and AR rifle accuracy at 100 yds using 2moa red dots.
    - 9mm bored the snot out of me today.
    - I began to solve my shooting high left issue with the Glock 26. I shifted my grip slightly to get better finger position on the face of the trigger and utilized the push pull technique of gripping that I overheard CM talking about during one of our shoots. It works. And I carried it over to the other guns, control of the gun felt much better. I will practice this method from now on.
    - Lever action Henry 22s are way cool to shoot, especially with cci 22 quiets.
    - Slam firing an Ithaca shotgun could be addictive. One cool a$$ shotgun.
    - I loved loved loved Rusty's Ruger Commander 1911. I couldn't stop shooting it.
    - Mag dumps are way too much fun, even in 22lr.
    - Don't stay longer at the range than what your wife thought you were going to, no matter what you told her in the morning before you left. Cranky wife is no bueno for anyone around.

Sounds like a heck of a good day, at least until the wife unit entered the picture. I'm guessing that secretly, she's happy that you're happy, but will maybe make you squirm a bit anyway. I have mixed thoughts on the 9mm boredom. On one hand, I hope to someday get good enough with the .45s that the mystery is gone. That shooting becomes boring as skill takes you to where you need to be. On the other hand, it sucks to blow money on ammo and not come away with the promised high. Maybe you just need to up the challenge a bit. How about getting a shot timer and setting up mozambique drills to push yourself. To that, add shooting targets that have point values in different areas and record your scores on your cell phone to track your progress. As Bassham says, 'If you can't measure it, you can't manage it'.

Maybe keep a practice log of scores, techniques and times to keep it interesting. Plan a set of drills and measure the results. With you and Rusty there, the timing would be easier and there would be a sense of competition.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You guys shouldn't be so afraid of Glocks. It's not like they bite or anything. Ok, maybe they don't bit all of us that is. The key to embracing a Glock is to forget the fanboys. Appreciate the simplicity in function and style. They'll never have the class of a 1911 though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You guys shouldn't be so afraid of Glocks. It's not like they bite or anything. Ok, maybe they don't bit all of us that is. The key to embracing a Glock is to forget the fanboys. Appreciate the simplicity in function and style. They'll never have the class of a 1911 though.

Yes, and in that you discover the reason why Glock and I don't mix. In addition to being a traditionalist, I am also eccentric enough that they are too simple for my liking.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Pift - Glocks, 1911's, CZ's they all have their roll to play in the wide open world of handguns.

But it all comes down to is this:

CZ%20rulz%202_zpswvdtorhy.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom