Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to actually run the CopperHead. I need to become happy with it.

You need a solid day at the range with just you, the CopperHead and a big box of ammo. There's nothing like a long day at the range with only one gun to promote bonding. You have all the pieces necessary to build a relationship with the CopperHead and only need time with it to make it happen. If you still have not bonded with the gun after a long range day, I know someone that will give you tree fiddy for it.

This is true. If you get that face mask, your operator points will go up my 2. I should have remembered rubber gloves yesterday, usually wear them under regular gloves, helps keep the body heat in...

That's odd. I had figured you to be someone that always has a set or two of rubber gloves in his pocket just in case an opportunity to use them comes up. :whistle:

Give the black rear sight a try. I did that on my Remington and like it a lot that way. The CZ 1911 came with blacked out front and rear sights, so all I had to do was paint the front sight and it's good now too. If you don't like it, you're only a bit of fingernail polish away from restoring it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You guys shouldn't be so afraid of Glocks. It's not like they bite or anything. Ok, maybe they don't bit all of us that is. The key to embracing a Glock is to forget the fanboys. Appreciate the simplicity in function and style. They'll never have the class of a 1911 though.

I am not afraid of them, just can't shoot them, worth a darn .....

Don't fit my hand .....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's odd. I had figured you to be someone that always has a set or two of rubber gloves in his pocket just in case an opportunity to use them comes up. :whistle:

Give the black rear sight a try. I did that on my Remington and like it a lot that way. The CZ 1911 came with blacked out front and rear sights, so all I had to do was paint the front sight and it's good now too. If you don't like it, you're only a bit of fingernail polish away from restoring it.

Nah, more fun without rubber gloves. :):

Just getting back from a trip to Hillside. After my love session with the cmd last night I needed to try it out. Had some gift cards to blow so I bought some different kinds of ammo. I did blackout my rear sight, much better. Also pulled my gloves off, accuracy much improved. I put 150 rounds through it, had three malfunctions. One ammo related, shooting Freedom reman, had a primer blow out of the case caused a jam. Second was a mag issue with a Springfield 7 rdr. Third I believe was another mag issue, this time with a newer Wilson. So it looks like I may have the issues solved, still need to spend more time with her.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I am not afraid of them, just can't shoot them, worth a darn .....

Don't fit my hand .....

Just takes practice.
    The 1911 doesn't fit my hand very good, but I can shoot it well.
    It's not about hand fit or comfort.
    Trigger control, sight picture, grip, stance, breathing, concentration,... :blahblah:
    With good fundamentals, you should be able to pick up any gun and shoot it well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Gee, I hope not. So, here it is 2016 and I'm thinking I might add the 40P to the carry routine. I've been carrying pretty much only the CCO or CZ 1911 since the beginning of October with a rare appearance by either the Remington or Kimber. I think I need to add something to the mix once in a while and I've been shooting the 40P well lately. The whole CZ decocker platorm is getting under my skin more than I thought it would when I got the 40P. I always carry my CZ 75 on the half cock notch anyway, so the decocker works for me. If this current affliction does not abate in the near future, I might have to buy a P09 to settle myself down somewhat. The gun budget is on life support, so I'd need a donor to come out of the safe to generate funds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BlueishHue
    Top Bottom