Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Careful my friend that is how I ended up with more guns than my safe can hold. I got the urge to sell everything that is not a CZ. But then I do something stupid like take the Steyr or the FN to the range and I up cleaning them and put them back in the safe. Thinking I can't part with them. I am going to wait to see what the POTUS does with his latest gun control scheme and go from there.

POTUS is scaring the crap out of me.
    Billery will be far worse I fear.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

After the last communist move on guns (1994 gun ban) ended I started stocking up on standard capacity magazines. You know those over 10 rounds. I sure hope they don't pull the same crap and ban mas over 10.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After the last communist move on guns (1994 gun ban) ended I started stocking up on standard capacity magazines. You know those over 10 rounds. I sure hope they don't pull the same crap and ban mas over 10.

They're are going to throw everything possible at the wall and see what sticks.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I sold mine too, and immediately regretted it.
    Thanks to both of you for the reminder, really do not shoot my Rami BD that often either but is Cerakoted by Allen M, has all the Cajun goodies installed by the Wizard and has night sights. And it doesn't cost me a thing sitting in the safe but is very nice to occasionally take and love at the range.psyko And will say is dead accurate and very easy to shoot well!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy New Year Folks! :coffee:

I managed to say awake for the new year and spent it over at my sister's house. She lives on the other side of the neighborhood, and that's about as far as I'll travel on a New Years eve. Still, I managed to be in bed by 12:25, but I did ring in the new year with family. Unfortunately, I'm nursing a bad headache this morning despite not having drank anything last night. I think it was something she had on a party platter that triggered a food alergy that's plagued me for years. Good thing I'm not shooting this morning. Screw that, I wish I were shooting, even with a headache.

I could not agree more. The thing is, as idiotic and misguided as they are, I think Obama really believes in most of the crap ideas he spews. The Hildabeast is just evil and knows full well why she wants gun control, and it has nothing to do with safety, it's stripping power from the people. The problem with her is that she's just plain and simply a bad person.

But, on a brighter note, it's 2016 and time to start working on my resolutions. The biggest thing I need to tackle this year is to stop procrastinating. Once I can lick that issue, the rest should be easy. I need to work on a plan that reinforces the idea that I do not procrastinate. That I do what needs done immediately, and not just before it's too late. I need to write an affirmative statement that I keep reading to stay focused. That's the first step. I'm not really in the writing mood right now, so I think I'll take a crack at that tomorrow. Or, maybe Sunday. Ya, Sunday is when I'll start my resolution to stop procrastinating. But, realistically, there's no real deadline on this, so maybe I'll think about it for a while.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    This is serious.

Stayed up late last night getting my new toy all Cajunized. Hard to get to sleep if you do not face the sear cage assembly fear and loathing first.

Anyway the CGW adjustable sear is supposed to come with instructions, mine did not, website says use red loctite on the screw (stupid spell checker, if I meant lactate, I would type lactate) and adjustment seems intuitive but this is something I would like to be sure about. Anybody here know the right way to do it ?

Could wait till Monday and call CGW but that would just suck.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    This is serious.

Stayed up late last night getting my new toy all Cajunized. Hard to get to sleep if you do not face the sear cage assembly fear and loathing first.

Anyway the CGW adjustable sear is supposed to come with instructions, mine did not, website says use red loctite on the screw (stupid spell checker, if I meant lactate, I would type lactate) and adjustment seems
    intuitive but this is something I would like to be sure about. Anybody here know the right way to do it ? Could wait till Monday and call CGW but that would just suck.

What you need to do is first clean the screw and threads in the sear, they are very small using a degreaser and let dry. After installing the sear in the sear cage and to the receiver what I do is first is test fit the screw so that you know how far to screw it in and how it will feel once you make contact with the safety when it is engaged. Remove the screw and place a small dab of the red Loctite (according to CGW do not use old Loctite) onto the screw thread just enough to coat the threads. Now you want to move quickly because the red Loctite seem to start setting fast on small threads. With the safety in its upward position install the screw turning it all the way down until it lightly touches the safety engagement point. Do not tighten it you just want to barley touch it. I use a cotton gun patch to wipe away any excess red Loctite that might ooze out of the threads to keep it off of other surfaces. Test the thumb safety for engagement. If you tighten it down to much you will not fully engage the safety and you will not hear the safety snap into place when engaged. Look where the bottom of the screw touches the top of the safety engagement point. When properly set you do not want the sear moving like it is binding just get them to touch. Once you are satisfied of the installation put it away for 24 hours to cure. After curing I put a drop of lube on the safety engagement point where contact is made.

Have fun!!
    The Wizard

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What you need to do is first clean the screw and threads in the sear, they are very small using a degreaser and let dry. After installing the sear in the sear cage and to the receiver what I do is first is test fit the screw so that you know how far to screw it in and how it will feel once you make contact with the safety when it is engaged. Remove the screw and place a small dab of the red Loctite (according to CGW do not use old Loctite) onto the screw thread just enough to coat the threads. Now you want to move quickly because the red Loctite seem to start setting fast on small threads. With the safety in its upward position install the screw turning it all the way down until it lightly touches the safety engagement point. Do not tighten it you just want to barley touch it. I use a cotton gun patch to wipe away any excess red Loctite that might ooze out of the threads to keep it off of other surfaces. Test the thumb safety for engagement. If you tighten it down to much you will not fully engage the safety and you will not hear the safety snap into place when engaged. Look where the bottom of the screw touches the top of the safety engagement point. When properly set you do not want the sear moving like it is binding just get them to touch. Once you are satisfied of the installation put it away for 24 hours to cure. After curing I put a drop of lube on the safety engagement point where contact is made.

Have fun!!
    The Wizard

You have made an impatient old fart very happy !!

Thank you very much.

With a black CGW 11.5 # hammer spring in a 75 compact I've got a crisp 2.5# s.a. and 7.0 # d.a. . Nice but a little heavier than I expected, I am guessing that the compact compress's the spring a bit more .

The fresh loctite thing is interesting. The only other time I have used red loctite in a similar application it never did set up even after days in hot weather, a mechanic told me after that that red will not cure unless there is pressure. I bought the mechanics story at the time but maybe a fresh tube would have worked. A net search for "red loctite does not set up" comes up with a few threads.

Thank you again!!

And now back to the regular programming.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Have fun!!
    The Wizard

This is why I just take my CZ's to the Wizzard. :):

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    You have made an impatient old fart very happy !!

Thank you very much.

With a black CGW 11.5 # hammer spring in a 75 compact I've got a crisp 2.5# s.a. and 7.0 # d.a. . Nice but a little heavier than I expected, I am guessing that the compact compress's the spring a bit more .
    Thank you again!!

And now back to the regular programming.

2.5 SA and 7 DA is actually very good! If you hand load and can find Federal primers you can use a 8.5 mainspring that will give you lighter numbers.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Had a good day on the range today with T-DOGG. We were out there from 0800-1500. I'm still thawing out, was just a bit brisk at around 30 degrees and a 15 mph wind... Things did not really go as planned, we had huge aspirations, but the cold kinda held us back. Only shot out to 100 yds on rifle, wanted to get to 200. My M1A shot great, I requested he bring his AR pistol since I have not shot one yet. Bad idea.... Added another firearm to the want list for this year :faint:.... After we were completely frozen from rifle shooting it was time to hit the pistol bays. We put about 450 rds or so through my new Ruger cmd, had about 8 or so hang ups. Seems like the case was catching on the breech face, needs a little polishing and test again. Other than that the firearm worked fine, I did not. Me shooting with gloves is not pretty, didn't feel right the whole time. I am not a fan of 3 dot sights, those will need changed. Wasn't able to hone in on accuracy because I was off with the gloves... Overall I love the gun, the size is perfect, weight is awesome, had a great frozen time shooting it!

Discovered we are both bored with 9mm.... Even though his Sig p320 is a laser beam, it was boring. No CZs this trip, but being bored with 9mm has me thinking :nuts:.

Did some Henry .22 shooting after that, man those things are fun. Shorts and CCI quiets were the round of choice, who needs a suppressor? Like shooting a pellet gun with those. I've got the full size standard model, he has the youth. I really liked the youth size, seemed really handy. Finished up busting some clays on the berm with some 12g and 22s. Oh and a couple mag dumps with his 15-22.

So looks like I have some thinking to do.... Great day all around even if we were both off....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom