Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pift - Glocks, 1911's, CZ's they all have their roll to play in the wide open world of handguns.

But it all comes down to is this:

CZ%20rulz%202_zpswvdtorhy.jpg

And in that I see my weakness...........................:p

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sounds like a heck of a good day, at least until the wife unit entered the picture. I'm guessing that secretly, she's happy that you're happy, but will maybe make you squirm a bit anyway. I have mixed thoughts on the 9mm boredom. On one hand, I hope to someday get good enough with the .45s that the mystery is gone. That shooting becomes boring as skill takes you to where you need to be. On the other hand, it sucks to blow money on ammo and not come away with the promised high. Maybe you just need to up the challenge a bit. How about getting a shot timer and setting up mozambique drills to push yourself. To that, add shooting targets that have point values in different areas and record your scores on your cell phone to track your progress. As Bassham says, 'If you can't measure it, you can't manage it'.

Maybe keep a practice log of scores, techniques and times to keep it interesting. Plan a set of drills and measure the results. With you and Rusty there, the timing would be easier and there would be a sense of competition.

That is solid advice and I had the same plan but will add the timer part to it, that would be a great way to know that I'm getting better or not. Like I told Rusty, if I'm getting bored it's time to change up the routine.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :wavey: Well I finally have all the feeling back in my digits after yesterday...
    Me too.

I realized several more things from yesterday's trip:

- I need an adjustable front rifle rest, something like a Caldwell Rock Jr, stacking the leather rifle rest on top of 2x4s is less than an ideal setup and I've been doing that for too many years. I don't want to put a bipod on rifles due to adding weight and bulk, I like to keep my guns as streamlined as possible.

71SAbWnJfLL._SY355_.jpg

- I need a face mask for these cold weather conditions. I don't like ski masks because they feel restrictive breathing wise and make me feel overheated. I think the biker style face mask would work well for me. My face had some nice wind burns yesterday afternoon, not enjoyable.

51DRCYVG8xL._SY300_.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You don't have too, but people won't believe you're a true operator unless there's a witness.
    This is true. If you get that face mask, your operator points will go up my 2. I should have remembered rubber gloves yesterday, usually wear them under regular gloves, helps keep the body heat in...

On another note, I spent a couple hours last night detail stripping my Ruger cmd again. Found some burrs, took care of them. Polished the feed ramp and breech face a little bit. Put a tiny little chamfer on the firing pin hole. Put some Flitz on the rails and ran the slide back and forth a couple hundred times. Seems to be a little slicker, it had a little catch spot in it that's gone now. I'm gonna try to hop back out to the range and put a couple boxes through it sometime this weekend yet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I am moving the 1911 into the EDC role for awhile. Going to see how I like it carrying it. I have already done course work with it, so I feel confident about sweeping the safety if needed, and that is how I usually hold a 1911 anyways is with my thumb on top of the safety.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am moving the 1911 into the EDC role for awhile. Going to see how I like it carrying it. I have already done course work with it, so I feel confident about sweeping the safety if needed, and that is how I usually hold a 1911 anyways is with my thumb on top of the safety.
    :thumbsup: I was doing some thinkin (oh god), I'm going to paint the white dots on my rear sight black. I just cannot love a 3 dot set up anymore. In the mean time, I'm going to research some low mount low snag sights that I like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom