Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My tastes tend to run similar to your's CM, if not even more towards liking things simple. Even slanted slide serrations look like too much bling to me.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I know the scallops and external extractors turn some 1911 enthusiasts off, but I still think this is a really sharp one. I fondled and seriously considered this before going with the V-Bob:

71999_1.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know the scallops and external extractors turn some 1911 enthusiasts off, but I still think this is a really sharp one. I fondled and seriously considered this before going with the V-Bob:

71999_1.jpg

Yep, that is one very nice looking gun. The "busy-ness" of it is huge, but I still find it quite attractive. I got to shoot the one Okiegirl brought to my 1911 shoot at Parabellum last February and it was a lot of fun. That said, I'm still leaning more towards a DW Guardian for the clean, attractive lines. Hard to beat at around the same price as that Smith. Okay, the price is actually a bit more on the DW. I didn't realize you could get that Smith around $1100.

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I didn't realize you could get that Smith around $1100.

Right, these have become a bit more affordable lately. What pushed me over the edge to the DW is the skeleton trigger (personal taste, I like the looks of a solid trigger better), and the MIM parts. Though I keep seeing more comments that MIM parts are actually darned good, but got an initial bad rap that's been hard to overcome.

I do think this Smith is a gorgeous gun. Busy? Yes, for sure, not as clean as the simple, smooth-flowing lines on a DW. But dang if the SC-E isn't a beautiful gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Right, these have become a bit more affordable lately. What pushed me over the edge to the DW is the skeleton trigger (personal taste, I like the looks of a solid trigger better), and the MIM parts. Though I keep seeing more comments that MIM parts are actually darned good, but got an initial bad rap that's been hard to overcome.

I do think this Smith is a gorgeous gun. Busy? Yes, for sure, not as clean as the simple, smooth-flowing lines on a DW. But dang if the SC-E isn't a beautiful gun.

Agreed. It's nice, but with DW I avoid the busy argument, as well as the MIM argument and get a solid gun from a company highly thought of. The Valor (and therefore the VBOB) is supposed to be the best production 1911 around. I keep coming back to that when I think about the Guardian, but I think the Guardian will fit the role I'm looking at better. I dunno, still kicking my thoughts around in the empty wasteland of my head... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have my P07 home.
    I now have 3 fully hot rodded Cajun nightmares in the pistol safe. I believe I am good for a minute. Not sure if there is anything else CZ beyond the 1911 that is a bit salty for me to get twisted up over.
    I do love shooting that Shadow.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Moved two steps forward today towards prepping the Loaded for carry duty. Replaced the factory MSH that has "the lock" with a standard one. Also upgraded the sights to Dawson night sights. Once my Tripp Research mags show up it's off to the range to run her through the paces and make sure she's ready to serve me well. I am really excited right now. More than usual. Almost full boner status right now. ;)

attachment.php

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Moved two steps forward today towards prepping the Loaded for carry duty. Replaced the factory MSH that has "the lock" with a standard one. Also upgraded the sights to Dawson night sights. Once my Tripp Research mags show up it's off to the range to run her through the paces and make sure she's ready to serve me well. I am really excited right now. More than usual. Almost full boner status right now. ;)

attachment.php

Dang, that's nice! I love stainless and wood. Grips... Wood grips dammit!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom