88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :coffee:

Morning folks! I have a box of stuff on it's way which should help with the 1911 trigger work. In this shipment there is a 1911 armorer's block and a fresh set of ceramic stones. I also ordered another set of Pierce finger groove grips in both Officer and Government sizes along with a new trigger for the Delta Elite and a sear for the CZ 1911. The new trigger has the pre-travel ears to let me take a hair more pretravel out that I've got with the current trigger. I think the current trigger is a Wilson and that will go to the Remington. Allen recommended a new sear for the CZ since we had to polish it down a ways to get it in spec. I blame myself for that one since I did not realize that the CZ 1911 comes with a true radius sear instead of a standard cut sear.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Morning folks! I have a box of stuff on it's way which should help with the 1911 trigger work. In this shipment there is a 1911 armorer's block and a fresh set of ceramic stones. I also ordered another set of Pierce finger groove grips in both Officer and Government sizes along with a new trigger for the Delta Elite and a sear for the CZ 1911. The new trigger has the pre-travel ears to let me take a hair more pretravel out that I've got with the current trigger. I think the current trigger is a Wilson and that will go to the Remington. Allen recommended a new sear for the CZ since we had to polish it down a ways to get it in spec. I blame myself for that one since I did not realize that the CZ 1911 comes with a true radius sear instead of a standard cut sear.

Sounds like you have a lot of little projects to keep you happy :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Always something to look at/know/understand.
    I need to get an order in to Brownells myself.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like you have a lot of little projects to keep you happy :D

I love doing handgun projects. I'm really itching to do some of the stuff that CM has been doing and have been researching options for a compact 10mm 1911. Ideas are easy to come up with though, it's the cash that is hard to find. I've told myself over and over that I'll not get rid of the last 3 Glocks I have, but am now starting to waiver on that one. As much as I enjoy the work on 1911s, I also need to make sure the supplies are well stocked. I'm always running low on bullets but am good on powder and primers right now. I really should be putting money into a reserve of bullets because the best 1911 I can come up with will be no fun if I can't shoot it when the next panic happens.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love doing handgun projects. I'm really itching to do some of the stuff that CM has been doing and have been researching options for a compact 10mm 1911. Ideas are easy to come up with though, it's the cash that is hard to find. I've told myself over and over that I'll not get rid of the last 3 Glocks I have, but am now starting to waiver on that one. As much as I enjoy the work on 1911s, I also need to make sure the supplies are well stocked. I'm always running low on bullets but am good on powder and primers right now. I really should be putting money into a reserve of bullets because the best 1911 I can come up with will be no fun if I can't shoot it when the next panic happens.

My current custom project will set me back close to 4K when it is done. Crazy money but I intend to be buried with it.....:):

The one I am near done with has set me back as well. Barrels and cool stuff adds up fast.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

Watch for Xtreme bullets black friday deal.
    Last year is was 15% off and 250 free bullets for the first 50 orders at midnight

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning all. Just like to say, I'm currently satisfied with all my firearms and nothing any of you say will convince me to make any purchases anytime soon..psyko

whatamaroon_zpsjbyxgpv2.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Watch for Xtreme bullets black friday deal.
    Last year is was 15% off and 250 free bullets for the first 50 orders at midnight

That's where the bulk of my black Friday money went last year. I didn't get in on the 250 free bullets, but I did abuse my mail mans back with a lot of 230g 45 bullets.

Oh, and Rusty: You never know when you are going to see the next "OMG, I gotta have that..." gun. It's out there and you cannot live happily without it. You just don't know what it is yet. Sooner or later, it will reveal itself to you though.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been pretty good lately about not buying things I think I must have. I'm getting better at this. Plus the thing about not having the money and other projects that need parts more...

And I had a dream about zombies, I didn't use a single firearm. Bats and knives mostly, maybe I don't need guns after all.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hmmm.....Next range gun.....Springer Loaded 1911 or a Smith 586????? I have neither a revolver nor a 1911.

What would need to be done to the Springer to "hot rod" it. I'd want to get rid of the MIM and get the trigger worked as well as any other stuff that needs done (barrel bushing???). What am I looking at to do this? On the plus side, there's some excellent 1911 gurus here to work with.

The Smith 586.....Ugh, seems like a lot of work to find a good one. They seem stuffed full of MIM now, so I'd need to find an older one that's "pre-hillary hole" without the MIM crap. I'm not sure if someone makes fire control parts to swap out the MIM on current Smiths, and I'd need to find a good gun smith to do that if it was a new production gun. I'd also need to invest in an action bar just to inspect the gun prior to purchase. Seems like it'd take me a good 6 months to find a good one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm.....Next range gun.....Springer Loaded 1911 or a Smith 586????? I have neither a revolver nor a 1911.

What would need to be done to the Springer to "hot rod" it. I'd want to get rid of the MIM and get the trigger worked as well as any other stuff that needs done (barrel bushing???). What am I looking at to do this? On the plus side, there's some excellent 1911 gurus here to work with.

The Smith 586.....Ugh, seems like a lot of work to find a good one. They seem stuffed full of MIM now, so I'd need to find an older one that's "pre-hillary hole" without the MIM crap. I'm not sure if someone makes fire control parts to swap out the MIM on current Smiths, and I'd need to find a good gun smith to do that if it was a new production gun. I'd also need to invest in an action bar just to inspect the gun prior to purchase. Seems like it'd take me a good 6 months to find a good one.

1911 of course silly.
    Ignition parts........C&S pieces, a good hand fit bushing......around $180 in parts depending.
    Labor is not that much. You are looking at around $260 total or a bit more depending. No higher than $280

also consider some good mags.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been pretty good lately about not buying things I think I must have. I'm getting better at this. Plus the thing about not having the money and other projects that need parts more...

And I had a dream about zombies, I didn't use a single firearm. Bats and knives mostly, maybe I don't need guns after all.

Your dream was spot on. Everyone knows that the sound of a gun shot just attracts more zombies. In fact that makes me realize that there is a real difference between your garden variety zombie and a liberal. The liberals will run away from gun shots and the zombies will run towards them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom