Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Your dream was spot on. Everyone knows that the sound of a gun shot just attracts more zombies. In fact that makes me realize that there is a real difference between your garden variety zombie and a liberal. The liberals will run away from gun shots and the zombies will run towards them.

I thought liberals just curled up in the fetal position and waited on the gubmint to save them? :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    1911 of course silly.
    Ignition parts........C&S pieces, a good hand fit bushing......around $180 in parts depending.
    Labor is not that much. You are looking at around $260 total or a bit more depending. No higher than $280

also consider some good mags.

I second the Loaded. Great gun, platform and starting point. I bet chuchmouse even knows someone who could do the work... *cough* :):

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hmmm.....That is pretty reasonable actually.

C&S is your pick of the 1911 fire control replacement groups? It looks like they come with hammer, sear, disconnector, sear spring and hammer spring. Would you replace anything else out of the fire control group? Any other MIM junk in there?

Anything else you'd do other than fit a good bushing?

I was going to build up a new AR.....But this looks like more fun and I think I need a 1911 :rockwoot:
    Anything you specifically look for when looking for a good 1911 to work on? I'd assume slide/frame fit is the main thing since I'd be replacing a lot of the guts.

1911 of course silly.
    Ignition parts........C&S pieces, a good hand fit bushing......around $180 in parts depending.
    Labor is not that much. You are looking at around $260 total or a bit more depending. No higher than $280

also consider some good mags.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I really appreciate that. Good folks here. I may hit you up after construction work on my house is complete as long as you don't make fun of my poor marksmanship.

Yep. Dubs if you want to meet at the range and shoot it sometime, let me know.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    this would be a nice one too...
    S&W 1911TA with accessory rail $875 SHIPPED - AR15.COM

2nB88sVJRLdSth0_QWc9U4ftKpCvlUTzUXHzGRZazpE=w847-h635-no

mggfo2c4GsK6qmwj3z8RP8g5u8bV2Ka3PR6vhQwffNs=w847-h635-no

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm.....That is pretty reasonable actually.

C&S is your pick of the 1911 fire control replacement groups? It looks like they come with hammer, sear, disconnector, sear spring and hammer spring. Would you replace anything else out of the fire control group? Any other MIM junk in there?

Anything else you'd do other than fit a good bushing?

I was going to build up a new AR.....But this looks like more fun and I think I need a 1911 :rockwoot:
    Anything you specifically look for when looking for a good 1911 to work on? I'd assume slide/frame fit is the main thing since I'd be replacing a lot of the guts.

Before you go looking let me know and we can actually "Talk" on the phone....:)
    Just a few things beyond slide to frame fit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom