Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been considering a CZ 527 Lux in .223, left-handed of course (not completely set on the caliber or model yet). With a good scope and rings it should be a very nice intermediate range target gun. The second option would be a carbine-length AR and, third, would be a CZ 1911. I don't currently have the money for any of these but will be saving up for one of them.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been considering a CZ 527 Lux in .223, left-handed of course (not completely set on the caliber or model yet). With a good scope and rings it should be a very nice intermediate range target gun. The second option would be a carbine-length AR and, third, would be a CZ 1911. I don't currently have the money for any of these but will be saving up for one of them.

Not Familiar with the Lux.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am uncertain about caliber and specific model. I would like something that be accurate at the distances they will be shooting this weekend. But, I don't want the ammo cost to keep me from shooting it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm still dreaming of a new 1911. I think I'm satisfied with my CZ collection at the moment, but since my CZ / 1911 balance is out of whack I need to get that addressed... :):

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Only problem with the LUX models is the stock. That stupid hogback butt on it makes your head pretty dang low when you get your cheek weld and your eyes will be below your scope. If you want to run a scope, you'll need to either have a ****ty cheek weld, or run some sort of pad on that stock to bring your head up.....which will make that stock not look so pretty.

I'd recommend an American model. Lots easier to scope and set up.

223 is an awesome choice for a target/range/plinker. Cheap to run. Also adequate for varmints and easy on the shoulder. And the CZ rifles are VERY well built. I'd say go for it.

Just did a quick read on the 527. If it is anything like the other CZ Bolt guns I have fondled it should be a sweet deal.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Only problem with the LUX models is the stock. That stupid hogback butt on it makes your head pretty dang low when you get your cheek weld and your eyes will be below your scope. If you want to run a scope, you'll need to either have a ****ty cheek weld, or run some sort of pad on that stock to bring your head up.....which will make that stock not look so pretty.

I'd recommend an American model. Lots easier to scope and set up.

223 is an awesome choice for a target/range/plinker. Cheap to run. Also adequate for varmints and easy on the shoulder. And the CZ rifles are VERY well built. I'd say go for it.

Thank you for the info. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom