Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think the CCO would be a great gun, but I'm definitely partial to the look/feel of the bobtail. Have you looked at the Guardian in 45? Bud's has the Guardian in 45 listed at just under $1400:

CZ-USA 01987 Dan Wesson 1911 Guardian 8+1 45ACP 4.3" $1,393.00 SHIPS FREE

Honestly, that V-Bob in the duty finish listed here a week or so ago was a heck of a deal, if only the timing had been better for you.

That was Jeff who sold that. I had horrible timing on it unfortunately. Oh well. That Guardian looks VERY nice! Grab a Gun has it for a similar price and I can use credit :D

Dan Wesson Guardian .45ACP Black 8+1 NS Online Gun Store

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    for $300-400 more than a VBob, you could have this...
    used Les Baer Commanche 45acp Concept VII $1,649.00 SHIPS FREE
    wm_7783978.jpg

this isn't the actual gun at Buds, but it's the same exact one

I like your LB, but the looks just don't do it for me for some reason. I don't like the cocking serrations on it and I don't care for the grips either (though that's easy to fix). I love the VBOB, Guardian and CCO, so I'm guessing one of those will be what I end up with. The CCO Jeff linked to is a great deal, but I'm thinking the Guardian at Grab a Gun is my leading candidate at this time.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Is that for the stainless? Believe it or not, I'm actually looking at the duty coat, even though it'll run me over $1800:faint:

I'm telling you, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a stainless/matte fan, but I'm really warming up to the Duty Finish. The proprietary DW Duty Finish is supposed to be crazy durable, not as prone to beauty marks as a glass bead finish is.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Stumbled across this...
    It's not for sale anymore, but they are out there.
    Springfield Champion bobtail

IMG_1034_zps466d8b46.jpg

Wow, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, as I have more options than I first thought.

I'm telling you, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a stainless/matte fan, but I'm really warming up to the Duty Finish. The proprietary DW Duty Finish is supposed to be crazy durable, not as prone to beauty marks as a glass bead finish is.

Yep, I'm the same way. I LOVE stainless 1911's, but the duty coat on the Valor/Guardian/VBOB models just does it for me!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Stumbled across this...
    It's not for sale anymore, but they are out there.
    Springfield Champion bobtail

I wonder if that's a custom job? Maybe not, but the most common bobtails I ever see are DW, and the Smith & Wesson SC-E. Which is a very sharp gun too. I don't ever recall seeing a bobtail option on Springfield's website. Very interesting find, IGM!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The 2 tone.
    I am past it now. I got the MilSpec home from Ceracoat today. Black frame and a charcoal slide....very nice.
    I have it mostly together. Had a butt load of fit up left to do. This will be the last Older MilSpec I attempt to up-Grade.
    Damned handsome gun.

Pics?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know that I'm biased, but I like this thread being a combined CZ/1911 thread. Both are platforms that respond well to tuning and both are platforms that attract similar folks. It's no mistake that we have die hard 1911 folks buying CZs and die hard CZ folks looking at 1911s. We all value the same things in a pistol, so it's natural that we should find common ground here.

This pistol:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-custom-loaded-champion-model-ss-40-s-w.html

has me thinking again. I'm a fan of .40 and the idea of a compact 1911 in stainless, manufactured by a reputable maker is pretty appealing. I've also been looking at doing a custom build on a compact 1911 in 10mm, which has been my dream gun for a while. That one might have to wait a bit until I can stash some funds away though. A custom build is not a cheap route to take into a 1911 and bears the burden of being a failed project if it does not run well enough to trust to carry. As an iffy range gun, it's pretty much worthless to anyone except the builder.

But, that .40 would sure make a nice addition to the carry capable collection. I just need to find a way to afford it if that's what I want to do and that is getting tougher as my trading stock dwindles. On an unrelated note, I've decided to keep the scout rifle. I took it out today and reminded myself why I bought it. It was a sheer joy to shoot, even though we only ran 20 rounds through it. So, that one's off the table. The 930SPX is another that I've considrered trading or selling, so I need to keep from shooting it too.

On another completely unrelated note: Does anyone want to buy some leaves? I have lots of leaves that I'd be more than willing to sell for, oh, maybe $700. These are genuine Indiana silver maple leaves that can only be bought this time of the year. I'm sure that come spring, when you are missing fall, you could spread these around your yard and rake them back and forth to make you happy. Anyone interested? Anyone? :whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom