• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If I'm thinking correctly, when you chamber a round on a decocker, the hammer stays cocked but there's no "safety" engaged. So you have to use the de-cocker to lower the hammer, then the DA becomes the "safety". Close?
    Sounds right to me. The decocker guns will have a little heavier trigger pull since it's just one more thing to operate. But with a little love they smooth right out. It's all personal preference..

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very nice! :drool:
    Thats pretty much what I passed on. Safe is getting to crowded for more long guns.
    Thanks! I pretty much lucked into it and couldn't be happier. Not a fan of the scout mount, but luckily this one already had that removed and a 'Nam era handgaurd in place. Replaced my AR as my go to rifle.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    But engaging a decocker isn't the same as engaging a manual safety?
    Correct. After you chamber a round on the DC you must press the lever and the hammer will drop to half cock. Becomes DA at that point. Manual safety operates as any other DA manual safety. You can carry hammer cocked, safety on or you can drop the hammer to half cock and leave the safety off. Becomes a DA at that point and the safety cannot be activated in that condition.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Correct. After you chamber a round on the DC you must press the lever and the hammer will drop to half cock. Becomes DA at that point. Manual safety operates as any other DA manual safety. You can carry hammer cocked, safety on or you can drop the hammer to half cock and leave the safety off. Becomes a DA at that point and the safety cannot be activated in that condition.

Although completely different platforms, the HK pic above demonstrates what you are saying. The top gun has no safety. It's cocked, and is now single action. It needs to be decocked, if it were loaded. The bottom gun is also cocked but has a manual safety engaged.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom