• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Throw a bunch of cheap lowers and pmags in the safe. I've got enough that I won't need to buy any more the rest of my life.

The thing with shotguns, bolt actions, revolvers, and 1911's is that they may be either expensive or hard to find.....but only for a while. They will eventually be back in stock and at normal prices after the panic buyers spend all their money.

Yeah, the sandy hook scare was nuts. Unprecedented for sure.
    If Shillary is elected, the new scare will make the Sandy Hook scare look like a bad Black Friday sale.

The bans and scares always tempt me to sell for high prices.
    Just have to ask yourself... do you want money or guns?
    If we buy extras, maybe we can have both :dunno:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. Why would you buy a Bushmaster these days when there's known gtg rifles out there for the same price or cheaper?

They used to be fine rifles way back when. But the new Bushmasters are a bit rough...

No more bushmasters. Had 2 bad ones. Should have been 1 and done.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Agreed. Why would you buy a Bushmaster these days when there's known gtg rifles out there for the same price or cheaper?

They used to be fine rifles way back when. But the new Bushmasters are a bit rough...

Good to know.
    I thought Bushies were GTG.
    There are a lot of other choices out there.
    I really only posted that for something to buy and stick away to resell in the future when Ar's are $2000+ again
    People will usually pay a premium for NIB factory built vs. home built

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    IIRC, the people who started Bushmaster left and the company was bought out. The people who owned and subsequently left Bushmaster now own Windham. (I may be wrong, but that's what I remember).

Not sure of Windham's quality. I don't really hear much about them and have never fondled one.

If you want one for an investment, I'd snag one of those Colt LE6920's. You can find them for under $800 these days if you shop around. In panic buying mode, people pay stupid prices for things with horses on them.

Good to know.
    I thought Bushies were GTG.
    There are a lot of other choices out there.
    I really only posted that for something to buy and stick away to resell in the future when Ar's are $2000+ again
    People will usually pay a premium for NIB factory built vs. home built

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IIRC, the people who started Bushmaster left and the company was bought out. The people who owned and subsequently left Bushmaster now own Windham. (I may be wrong, but that's what I remember).

Not sure of Windham's quality. I don't really hear much about them and have never fondled one.

If you want one for an investment, I'd snag one of those Colt LE6920's. You can find them for under $800 these days if you shop around. In panic buying mode, people pay stupid prices for things with horses on them.

I have owned 2 Windham AR's. Both were very nicely made for the price point. They are both in Ingo members safes and have ran reliably or I would have heard about it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd expect nothing less out of the guys that started Bushmaster. I just couldn't speak personally one way or the other, and I don't like giving advise when I don't have personal experience (or info from someone I trust).

They did have some very nicely priced rifles when I was looking around a couple years ago.

I have owned 2 Windham AR's. Both were very nicely made for the price point. They are both in Ingo members safes and have ran reliably or I would have heard about it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from MCFG for some hot lead therapy and it worked wonders. I now feel like I'm actually on vacation, with that warm fuzzy, just shot a bunch of ammo feeling. I ran the Remington R1S, 40P and pre-B. Not an issue with any of them through the 150 rounds I took along. The 40P is truely and awesome pistol and is now far enough past the last issue that it's carry worthy. I think I have close to 300 rounds through it since the last issue with FTF happened. The SS guide rod is what I think fixed it.

The pre-B ran just as well as always, but it's completely stock and I'm starting to feel that in it. I checked the trigger and it's coming in at about 5 lbs with a 8 1/4 lb DA pull. That is such a sweet shooter as is, I can't wait to have it done up right. I may also do a refinish job on it. It's in its third year of being Magpul FDE and the finish is holding up very well. It's a duracoat over cold blue and has been remarkably durable, even on the barrel lugs. But, the color is starting to lose some of its appeal to me, so I may do something different when I do the trigger work.

The R1S is a 1911 that I bought cheap, for the sole purpose of having a good, durable, every day 1911 that I would not modify. This was to be the 1911 that got carried to places that are hard on guns, like when working under and stuff. I've failed in my quest to keep it original though. To date, it has had a trigger job, new trigger, new sear, new barrel, new bushing, flat bottom FPS and lightened springs. The trigger is a crisp 3 lbs now and the gun is a fantastic shooter. I still consider it my 'beater' 1911, but it sure runs well. I was getting as low as .17 splits accurately at about 5 yards while practicing the mozambique drill this morning with it. Sure, it's with target ammo, but that gun makes me feel like I can shoot decently.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just got back from MCFG for some hot lead therapy and it worked wonders. I now feel like I'm actually on vacation, with that warm fuzzy, just shot a bunch of ammo feeling. I ran the Remington R1S, 40P and pre-B. Not an issue with any of them through the 150 rounds I took along. The 40P is truely and awesome pistol and is now far enough past the last issue that it's carry worthy. I think I have close to 300 rounds through it since the last issue with FTF happened. The SS guide rod is what I think fixed it.

The pre-B ran just as well as always, but it's completely stock and I'm starting to feel that in it. I checked the trigger and it's coming in at about 5 lbs with a 8 1/4 lb DA pull. That is such a sweet shooter as is, I can't wait to have it done up right. I may also do a refinish job on it. It's in its third year of being Magpul FDE and the finish is holding up very well. It's a duracoat over cold blue and has been remarkably durable, even on the barrel lugs. But, the color is starting to lose some of its appeal to me, so I may do something different when I do the trigger work.

The R1S is a 1911 that I bought cheap, for the sole purpose of having a good, durable, every day 1911 that I would not modify. This was to be the 1911 that got carried to places that are hard on guns, like when working under and stuff. I've failed in my quest to keep it original though. To date, it has had a trigger job, new trigger, new sear, new barrel, new bushing, flat bottom FPS and lightened springs. The trigger is a crisp 3 lbs now and the gun is a fantastic shooter. I still consider it my 'beater' 1911, but it sure runs well. I was getting as low as .17 splits accurately at about 5 yards while practicing the mozambique drill this morning with it. Sure, it's with target ammo, but that gun makes me feel like I can shoot decently.

:)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, it looks like I will have my brand new CZ 97B under the Christmas tree! It arrived at Bobcat Armament and Manufacturing (Bobcat Steel) and he got it out today, with 2-day priority mail.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nice. Now it's time to stuff it full of Cajun goodness.

Well, it looks like I will have my brand new CZ 97B under the Christmas tree! It arrived at Bobcat Armament and Manufacturing (Bobcat Steel) and he got it out today, with 2-day priority mail.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nice. Now it's time to stuff it full of Cajun goodness.

I plan to come back to Indy for a few days in the near future. Hopefully I can arrange to have some work done on it. I've been VERY happy with the triggers of my CZs, so I can only imagine how they will feel once upgraded. This is what I imagine it looking like (trigger and safety).

141l6oh.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wow! I can't wait to shoot it when I'm back in Indy. I know the pic wasn't a 97B, but I like the straight trigger and extended safety. The safety is the same as the one on my TRP and I like it a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom