• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They do make a few compact models with 4" barrels, but no commander lengths that I've seen.

I've already got a springer RO and love it, but that extra 3/4" really digs into me while sitting, AIWB.... Looking for a stainless commander, to my knowledge SA doesn't currently make one. Otherwise I would go that route.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They do make a few compact models with 4" barrels, but no commander lengths that I've seen.
    I've seen those, I'd have to finger one. Not totally in love with the bull barrel ones I've seen and I haven't seen any with a standard bushing. I know not really a big deal, but it's all aesthetics to me...

I'm keeping my options open.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. They do look funky from the front end without the standard bushing.

I've seen those, I'd have to finger one. Not totally in love with the bull barrel ones I've seen and I haven't seen any with a standard bushing. I know not really a big deal, but it's all aesthetics to me...

I'm keeping my options open.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had it not been for INGO, I probably would be too. I was surrounded by libs and drunk on the :koolaid:

Oh, and morning. :)

The vote is yours to use as you see fit. That is your right and I will stand next to you in defense of that right no matter who you vote for.

That said, I will look a bit sideways at you.......:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trump vs. Hilary.....I really don't want to vote FOR either of them. But I'm sure as hell going to vote AGAINST one of them.

Think back as far as you can and tell me of a year that there was a clear favorite. Not someone you were voting against while cloths pin on your nose to keep the stink out.
    Been a long long time for me.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I haven't been able to vote long enough to have ever voted FOR someone. Every single time I've voted in a presidential election, I have cast a vote against the other candidate.

Think back as far as you can and tell me of a year that there was a clear favorite. Not someone you were voting against while cloths pin on your nose to keep the stink out.
    Been a long long time for me.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If Shillary or Obama tries another "assault weapons" ban like the last one from 1994-2004, the following things get scarce and expensive:
    They won't make the same mistake as last time and put a time limit on it. And, they will likely restrict ammo sales, parts, and imports this time too.

- High capacity handgun and rifle mags get expensive. Glock mags were $50-75 each. AR mags were $20-50 each.
    - Handguns and rifles that accept high capacity mags got scarce and prices went up a little.
    - rifles with a pistol grip, shoulder stock, and flash hider (the assault weapon hat trick) were banned and went up in price x 5
    - gun manufacturers had to make rifles with only 2 of the 3 "assault" features. That's where a lot of those thumb-hole stocks and AR's with no flash hiders came from.
    - "pre-ban" rifles tripled in price and they are still high to this day. Heck, you used to be able to buy German HK91 & 93's for $500, but that's been a long time ago.
    - shot guns and 1911's didn't seem to be effected at all.
    - ammo wasn't effected, but still kept creeping up in price

After the Sandy Hook
    - ammo was gone (anyone who owns a .22 is still feeling the effects of that)
    - reloading supplies were gone. Powder and primers sold out very fast. Bullets were also tough to get. Brass went way up in price too. Even reloading equipment sold out.
    - Basic AR's went up to $2000+ for a few months. I saw a FN SCAR 17 sell on Gunbroker for $6500. Everyone thought a ban was coming for sure.
    - High cap rifle mags went up. AR mags were $25-$50+. SCAR 17 mags were $150-200 each

So, what can we learn from history???
    - stock up on ammo. Can't have enough ammo.
    - stock up on high cap mags. Buy twice as many as you think you need
    - get the rifles and high capacity handguns you want now + a couple extra if you can swing it.
    - stock up on reloading supplies even if you don't reload. Primers and powder are good trading stock when the shelves are empty.
    Bolt action rifles, pump shotguns, revolvers, and 1911's will probably not be effected as history has shown, but you never know.

'morning everyone :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If Shillary or Obama tries another "assault weapons" ban like the last one from 1994-2004, the following things get scarce and expensive:
    They won't make the same mistake as last time and put a time limit on it. And, they will likely restrict ammo sales, parts, and imports this time too.

- High capacity handgun and rifle mags get expensive. Glock mags were $50-75 each. AR mags were $20-50 each.
    - Handguns and rifles that accept high capacity mags got scarce and prices went up a little.
    - rifles with a pistol grip, shoulder stock, and flash hider (the assault weapon hat trick) were banned and went up in price x 5
    - gun manufacturers had to make rifles with only 2 of the 3 "assault" features. That's where a lot of those thumb-hole stocks and AR's with no flash hiders came from.
    - "pre-ban" rifles tripled in price and they are still high to this day. Heck, you used to be able to buy German HK91 & 93's for $500, but that's been a long time ago.
    - shot guns and 1911's didn't seem to be effected at all.
    - ammo wasn't effected, but still kept creeping up in price

After the Sandy Hook
    - ammo was gone (anyone who owns a .22 is still feeling the effects of that)
    - reloading supplies were gone. Powder and primers sold out very fast. Bullets were also tough to get. Brass went way up in price too. Even reloading equipment sold out.
    - Basic AR's went up to $2000+ for a few months. I saw a FN SCAR 17 sell on Gunbroker for $6500. Everyone thought a ban was coming for sure.
    - High cap rifle mags went up. AR mags were $25-$50+. SCAR 17 mags were $150-200 each

So, what can we learn from history???
    - stock up on ammo. Can't have enough ammo.
    - stock up on high cap mags. Buy twice as many as you think you need
    - get the rifles and high capacity handguns you want now + a couple extra if you can swing it.
    - stock up on reloading supplies even if you don't reload. Primers and powder are good trading stock when the shelves are empty.
    Bolt action rifles, pump shotguns, revolvers, and 1911's will probably not be effected as history has shown, but you never know.

'morning everyone :D

If you found a 1911 or a shotgun on the shelf at an LGS after sandy hook you were there when they arrived at the store. 20 minutes later they were gone.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Yeah, the sandy hook scare was nuts. Unprecedented for sure.
    If Shillary is elected, the new scare will make the Sandy Hook scare look like a bad Black Friday sale.

The bans and scares always tempt me to sell for high prices.
    Just have to ask yourself... do you want money or guns?
    If we buy extras, maybe we can have both :dunno:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom