88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Is there treatment available for that..................................:dunno:
    There are a couple of ways to treat that. The liberal way is to remove a person's manhood. The conservative way to treat it involves buying larger rifles.

Hillary would love to "treat" it.
    One look at the hildabeast naked would be enough to make me remove my own manhood. With a butter knife.

I decided to try a different set of grips for the CCO. The originals were getting beat up a bit with EDC, so I dug a set of VZs out of the grip bin. I really like the feel of these on the gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There are a couple of ways to treat that. The liberal way is to remove a person's manhood. The conservative way to treat it involves buying larger rifles.

One look at the hildabeast naked would be enough to make me remove my own manhood. With a butter knife.

I decided to try a different set of grips for the CCO. The originals were getting beat up a bit with EDC, so I dug a set of VZs out of the grip bin. I really like the feel of these on the gun.

Me likey much.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is there talk of any new CZs for 2016?
    Somewhere either higher in this thread or in a different one, someone mentioned the CZ 2016 catalog. I don't see it on their website though and am wondering if they are waiting until the Shot show to make any announcements. Personally, I'd like to add the 9mm 75B in stainless I've been lusting after for a couple of years. It will take at least until the middle of the year to get the gun budget in order though. These last three months have been hard on it.

Edit: Just found this: http://cz-usa.com/uncategorized/want-a-sneak-peek-at-our-2016-new-products/

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Those grips look great Tim! I've been debating on getting a set of VZ grips for mine as well, as I prefer my grips a bit thinner, with a thumb scoop. You just made it harder for me to say no... :):

Morning all...:coffee:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Those grips look great Tim! I've been debating on getting a set of VZ grips for mine as well, as I prefer my grips a bit thinner, with a thumb scoop. You just made it harder for me to say no... :):

My hands like the widest grips I can find on a 1911.
    The Pearce enhancements make for a perfect grip width.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

These are the normal thick VZ grips. I need to order a thinner set one of these days.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My hands like the widest grips I can find on a 1911.
    The Pearce enhancements make for a perfect grip width.
    You would like these. They are full thickness grips with the pierce underneath, so they are definitely meaty.

I have to go to the opposite end of the spectrum. The thinner the better... :):
    I've had grips that were too thin on a 1911. Right now, my favorites are a set of ultra thin grips over the Pierce finger grooves. That seems to work really well for me, but I don't know that I can go any thinner.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You would like these. They are full thickness grips with the pierce underneath, so they are definitely meaty.

I've had grips that were too thin on a 1911. Right now, my favorites are a set of ultra thin grips over the Pierce finger grooves. That seems to work really well for me, but I don't know that I can go any thinner.

The groove enhancements are like a catalyst to my gripping the pistol. They are active in my grip but they are not so obvious. Hard to explain.
    I can run the gun harder with them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The groove enhancements are like a catalyst to my gripping the pistol. They are active in my grip but they are not so obvious. Hard to explain.
    I can run the gun harder with them.

I like them because the increase the surface area of my grip. For me, that translates to the gun being easier to grip consistently, and that helps in point shooting. As much as I hate to do it, I may even put a set over the beautiful checkering on an Ed Brown for consistency. It would be like putting a bullet proof vest on Kaley Cuoco.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like them because the increase the surface area of my grip. For me, that translates to the gun being easier to grip consistently, and that helps in point shooting. As much as I hate to do it, I may even put a set over the beautiful checkering on an Ed Brown for consistency. It would be like putting a bullet proof vest on Kaley Cuoco.

Yeah but we all know what is under that vest.................:):

I have found that I have to concentrate more on every aspect of running a hand gun as I grow older. Especially as i struggle with my sight picture with these tired eyes. Having more to hang onto is a plus for me.
    I did a lot better with my Double stacks when I had them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mornin fellas. Started planning my vacation that's coming up soon. Gonna try to cover 8 states, 3 national parks, a couple museums, a town my 8th great grandfather founded and my favorite presidents house. All in 9 days, 1822 miles, 30 hrs drive time.... Should be fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom