Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Back from the range. It was a good range trip, but all are good as long as everything works and you don't come home with a new orifice in your body. I ran a bunch of 9mm through the 938 to test two new mags I picked up and it's been perfect since round one. I do need to practice dry firing it more though, as it still does not point naturally for me. If I take the time to use the sights, it's spot on though. The 40P continues to perform well with no issues at all. I have decided that I MUST do the RRK2 on it to complete the Pro package. Right now, it only has the Defensive Carry package and the trigger is great, but it has about a yard of pre-travel. So, I think I'll tell the wife that my Christmas present this year will be the remaining CGW parts for the 40P. I have a set of Hogues that I cut down to fit and those sure do make it nice to shoot. I really wish that there was an option for the CZs similar to the Pierce finger groove grips for the 1911. The Hogues meet the need, but are just plain ugly in doing so. But, they sure do work well.
    The other gun I shot this morning was my Sig full size railed 1911. I shot with the light attached and on and with the cold, grey foggy morning, the light was actually a bit useful. I really need to shoot that gun more. It's my nightstand gun, but tends to just stay in the nightstand instead of getting regular range trips like it should. It's box stock except for the light and really is a nice shooter. I put a bunch of 185g +P Golden Sabers through it to see how it felt with them. Right now, I have 230g GS standard pressure as my basic .45 loadout but the 185g will work just as well if need be. The gun felt the same with the 185g +Ps as it does with the 230g ammo. It's a heavy gun and soaks up the recoil quite well.

I am still in that 'Just went shooting' happy mood. Hope it lasts through most of the day.

Sounds like a great morning :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Since you mentioned the 40P. I would like to take a moment to extoll on the virtues of the 75B in .40. It is, without doubt, the softest shooting of the CZ fotays. I hesitated on it but am now really happy I went this way. With the Cajun upgrades it is a fantastic winter carry gun and, at 14+1, you don't sacrifice much capacity. Something to consider.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Since you mentioned the 40P. I would like to take a moment to extoll on the virtues of the 75B in .40. It is, without doubt, the softest shooting of the CZ fotays. I hesitated on it but am now really happy I went this way. With the Cajun upgrades it is a fantastic winter carry gun and, at 14+1, you don't sacrifice much capacity. Something to consider.

I'd love to add one of those to the collection for all the reasons you mention. Some day... Unless they produce one in stainless. Hell, I think I'd sell my wife to a pack of pirates in a heartbeat to get funds to cover that puppy, if it even exists.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'd love to add one of those to the collection for all the reasons you mention. Some day... Unless they produce one in stainless. Hell, I think I'd sell my wife to a pack of pirates in a heartbeat to get funds to cover that puppy, if it even exists.

Well, I have never seen one in stainless but, when it comes to finishes, almost anything is possible.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, what's the issue with the mil-spec?

The extractor is the "ONLY" part I did not change. It is not allowing the stripped round from the mag to slide up behind it and properly chamber. It actually clocks in the slide. I have heard of this but never seen it. I have a "NEW" EGW extractor ordered.

I will get that damn thing to run if it kills me......or, I cut it up in the band saw.....:):

Never ever had this many issues with a build. It is and has been a character builder.

It is a damn nice looking piece with the new sights.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The extractor is the "ONLY" part I did not change. It is not allowing the stripped round from the mag to slide up behind it and properly chamber. It actually clocks in the slide. I have heard of this but never seen it. I have a "NEW" EGW extractor ordered.

I will get that damn thing to run if it kills me......or, I cut it up in the band saw.....:):

Never ever had this many issues with a build. It is and has been a character builder.

It's an absolutely beautiful gun. I know it will get up to speed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I have no doubt you'll get it sorted out shortly. Did you get the oversize FPS to go with the extractor? I run those in a couple of 1911s and they do a good job of keeping the extractor from clocking once fit. The flat bottom ones also help tame the 10mm by reducing the slide speed a bit too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom