Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I picked up 1300 rounds of 9mm on Thanksgiving day...it was too good of a deal to pass up. Not sure how/why it was so cheap, but whatever. It's nice to know people.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ammo is cheap right now... well ok, back to normal pricing or relatively normal
    WTB usuall knows where the best deals are found.
    There's good on-line deals to be had and I've seen quite a bit in the for sale forum too

Finding good prices doesn't seem to be too hard right now. Affording it is another issue entirely.
    when I feel better I'm going on a full out 9mm search and find mission.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    when I feel better I'm going on a full out 9mm search and find mission.

TargetsportsUSA typically has 9mm for around $200 - $220 for a case with free shipping, which is about the best I've found. Here's an example:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-blazer-brass-9mm-luger-ammo-124-gr-fmj-5201-p-4172.aspx

Alternatively, a lot of Walmarts carry Perfecta 115 gr 9mm brass cased ammo for ~$9.78 a box, or ~$10.27 a box after tax, which is a great price for over the counter 9mm, buying whatever quantity you want or is available. Both Blazer Brass and Perfecta run perfectly well in my cajunized P-01.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now I have guns in 17 different calibers and reload for 13 of them. Most are occasional plinkers and there are only 5 caliber a shot in any volume. Still needs paired down a bit.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Ammo is cheap right now... well ok, back to normal pricing or relatively normal
    WTB usuall knows where the best deals are found.
    There's good on-line deals to be had and I've seen quite a bit in the for sale forum too

Wow that's a lot to keep track of... I'm at 7 different and that's too many for me...
    I only had .45's for the longest time. I had a few 1911s in super 38's. But with my CZickness, I actually have more 9mm then .45 now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow that's a lot to keep track of... I'm at 7 different and that's too many for me...

Most of the calibers are mil-surp calibers that are for odds and ends in the collection like 7.62 Nagant, 7.5 Swiss, 8mm Mauser and 6.5 Swede. I do have a bunch of 7.62x54R to feed the Mosins and reload for those too. But, I really do need to get that number down. There really are only a handful of calibers that I shoot in any quantity. Those are 9mm, .45, .40, .223 and .30 Carbine. Everything else either does not get shot much or gets ammo bought for it. For instance, I did a batch of .380 a while back and that's lasted me over 2 years now. But, there's a lot of different bins on the shelf for dirty brass and clean brass. Life would be a lot more simple if there were just two or three calibers to reload for. Either that, or I just need to up by batch counts. Loading what you need to shoot means you are always running short of something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom