Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im pretty confident that many Americans don’t know where Kansas City, MO actually is. However, it’s one of those things. I thing they guy holding the highest office in the should know.... but as I’m sure you are aware, I never believed the POTUS all that particularly intelligent.

Let's boil it down to a single question:

Is this it, chief?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Im pretty confident that many Americans don’t know where Kansas City, MO actually is. However, it’s one of those things. I thing they guy holding the highest office in the should know.... but as I’m sure you are aware, I never believed the POTUS all that particularly intelligent.

What is actually funny is people patting themselves on the back thinking they are so smart by making fun of slip ups humans make, only to make fools of themselves with their own ignorance. The President was not wrong to congratulate Kansas as part of the Chiefs win, they are a KC NFL market as is Missouri. Per Ticketmaster Kansas buys more Chiefs than any other team...

Is it Kansas or Missouri that was the 57th state Obama went to?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't mind so much that someone confuses Kansas and Missouri as it relates to Kansas City and the Chiefs. Before Arrowhead Stadium, there was Municipal Stadium and a lot of people thought that was in Kansas City, Kansas. It's one big metropolis now, in any event.

If someone couldn't find Ukraine on the map and Crimea, maybe they ought to brush up geography. Don't want to send Rudy to Bengladesh!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I've never been to Arrowhead stadium. I thought it was in Kansas City KS and I am well aware there is a Kansas City MO. That isn't much of a mistake, not enough to get yer panties wet about.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Meh. The NEW YORK Giants play in NEW JERSEY. :dunno: Are they geographically challenged as well?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is actually funny is people patting themselves on the back thinking they are so smart by making fun of slip ups humans make, only to make fools of themselves with their own ignorance. The President was not wrong to congratulate Kansas as part of the Chiefs win, they are a KC NFL market as is Missouri. Per Ticketmaster Kansas buys more Chiefs than any other team...

Is it Kansas or Missouri that was the 57th state Obama went to?

:rofl:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I travel to KC three times a week the stadium is on the MO side by about a mile. The people of the metropolis considers the team the KC Chiefs with no state identity. In fact the state line means nothing to the residents kind of a unique situation in the U.S. I don’t know of another area quite the same?

So you can call President DJT dumb all you want in fact you have about five more years to do it. I feel bad for those who value decorum and manners above results.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Missouri, Kansas, what the **** do people care about either when they just fly over both and think about how deplorable those people must be down there. Of course that’s between wondering what evolutional force cause all those circles.

See, everyone is absurdly ignorant about something.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I travel to KC three times a week the stadium is on the MO side by about a mile. The people of the metropolis considers the team the KC Chiefs with no state identity. In fact the state line means nothing to the residents kind of a unique situation in the U.S. I don’t know of another area quite the same?

So you can call President DJT dumb all you want in fact you have about five more years to do it. I feel bad for those who value decorum and manners above results.

The title "president" will always follow DJT, so unless I die within that 5 years, I'll have the rest of my life to call him dumb, due to him actually being dumb. So Lord willing, 5 years is a conservative estimate. :wink:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is Chris Cillizza.

Don't be like Chris.

WhLKUx8.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that mistake matters only to little tiny minds with TDS.

Or even large minds with TDS. You can be smart yet still possessed by delusions of biased perceptions.

As mistakes go, it's pretty minor, unless you really need to make your experienced world match your perceptions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or even large minds with TDS. You can be smart yet still possessed by delusions of biased perceptions.

As mistakes go, it's pretty minor, unless you really need to make your experienced world match your perceptions.

How many minor mistakes before you start to wonder about someone's actual knowledge?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many minor mistakes before you start to wonder about someone's actual knowledge?

When Trump's administration started, we had some really dangerous things going on in the world. We had the last administration seriously thinking that war with NK was probably inevitable. We had the **** going on in Syria. Of course ISIS. Domestically, the economy was moving, but just seemed to be held back.

Today, the world doesn't seem as bad off. I didn't think Trump's policy of wiping his chin after every meeting with KJU was all that grand. But, I can't argue much with the results. Letting KJU get his satisfaction from Trump's chin seems to have averted the inevitability of war that Obama was so worried about seems to be working, at least in the near term. Lobbing a few missiles at empty hangers, I thought, was not the way to handle Syria. But that crisis seems to be less now too. Not sure how much Trump had to do with that but it does not appear it is nearly as volatile as it was. ISIS is not what it was when Trump took office. I was happy for the tax cut. It did improve my bottom line in a way that was definitely more than just peanuts. I was very skeptical of Trump's trade policies, I thought raising tariffs was going to spark inflation and a trade war. Not so much. And in fact it caused some trading partners to renegotiate. We'll see where we end up with China. Anyway, the economy is humming along nicely.

Did Trump do all that? I have what I call the Jar Jar theory. Jar Jar Binks seemed to have an ability to bumble his way into causing good things to happen. Or, maybe he's an ingenious Sith Lord who just made it seem like serendipity followed him around. Maybe Trump doesn't know a lot about policy and how the world of politics work, but he may understand some basic things about human nature, and how people operate to make some of his own luck. I'm certainly not accusing him of playing 4D chess. It still seems to me that he lucks into a lot of decisions which ends up working out okay. But the world around us is better now than the world was in January, 2017.

How many minor mistakes does it take before you start understanding they're minor? I still don't like the tariffs. I don't like the authoritarian ****. But I'm better off now than at any time under Obama, and I'd bet you are too. Not that it's all Trump's fault. But making a silly mistake about in what state the KC Chiefs are based is not going to cause the world to start crumbling. I have to say, so what?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't mind so much that someone confuses Kansas and Missouri as it relates to Kansas City and the Chiefs. Before Arrowhead Stadium, there was Municipal Stadium and a lot of people thought that was in Kansas City, Kansas. It's one big metropolis now, in any event.

If someone couldn't find Ukraine on the map and Crimea, maybe they ought to brush up geography. Don't want to send Rudy to Bengladesh!

I challenge you to find Bengladesh on a map, lolz

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom