Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh. Another area where I thought Trump had ****ed up, but actually turned out okay. Iran. They kinda stopped ****ing with ships. Gas is near $2/gallon. How the **** did that happen? :dunno:

Jar Jar theory.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh. Another area where I thought Trump had ****ed up, but actually turned out okay. Iran. They kinda stopped ****ing with ships. Gas is near $2/gallon. How the **** did that happen? :dunno:

Jar Jar theory.

I think you should perhaps give him a smidge more credit. It isn't like he is just following conventional wisdom, so if you would absolutely blame him if it all went wrong you should credit him when his insticts are right

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you should perhaps give him a smidge more credit. It isn't like he is just following conventional wisdom, so if you would absolutely blame him if it all went wrong you should credit him when his insticts are right

Jar Jar theory says, Trump is either a bumbling idiot who happens to have a lot of serendipitous luck following him, or he's an ingenious dark lord of the sith who manipulates the midichlorians to cause the right outcomes, seemingly from idiotic actions. Or, could be somewhere in between.

Seriously, I don't think Trump is a genius at all. He's not a complete idiot either. I think he's developed some strategies for working out problems in his own business dealings and life and he's figured out a way to make that work for him on a wider scale. He applied a heavy hand with Iran, as opposed to Obama's soft had. That seemed to work. He applied a soft hand, (and possibly tongue) to KJU, where Obama had applied a heavy hand. That seemed to work too. Not that either will continue to work. Either one might just be short term success. But right now, we don't have KJU terrorizing the West, and Iran seems to be content with blowing up some empty tents to save face. Meanwhile, I filled up my truck for $2.08/gal yesterday.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many minor mistakes before you start to wonder about someone's actual knowledge?

You really want to charge that hill?

It has been demonstrated that Trumps tweet was factually correct, he did not say the Chiefs were in Kansas, he congratulated the state of Kansas, a state that is part of the Chiefs support are along with Missouri, a word not included in the team name. Kansas City is a name used by adjoining cities that are one metroplex that crosses a state line.

What the heck would be the big deal if a President didn't know or forgot the exact layout of Kansas City relative to state lines?

As as for the whole Trump is a dummy, the guy has succeed in two of the toughest businesses, NY real estate, and Hollywood, he has outsmarted both the repubs and dems, the entire MSM, all the way to the Presidency and people still want to say he is dumb.

I am am reminded of the movie quote from Josie Wales, "whooped em again" Trump...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It has been demonstrated that Trumps tweet was factually correct, he did not say the Chiefs were in Kansas, he congratulated the state of Kansas...

InsistentPerkyGilamonster.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure what that means...

I don't think it's worth defending the mistaken tweet as being accurate at all. He deleted it, and corrected it. It's not a huge deal, and we shouldn't (in my opinion) go out of our way to say "Well, actually... it was accurate..." in some odd way.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think it's worth defending the mistaken tweet as being accurate at all. He deleted it, and corrected it. It's not a huge deal, and we shouldn't (in my opinion) go out of our way to say "Well, actually... it was accurate..." in some odd way.

I agree but like to point out the naysayers are not that smart on everything either

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree but like to point out the naysayers are not that smart on everything either

The problem with it, why did Trump tweet that? Why'd he say Kansas? I'm pretty sure it wasn't because his tweet was technically correct. It was a mistake, even if, technically you could say that he didn't say they were in Kansas. It's pretty obvious he said it because he thought they were, and after being corrected, he fixed it. I don't think you're helping Trump by trying to make that defense. It's not pointing out anything of importance about the naysayers.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since it literally just happened, you'll have to wait for your legacy media to catch up. Or close your eyes and click on that twitter button to see news as it breaks.

Oh, sorry. I went to the actual show archived for today. I forgot fake news never is spread by twitter

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, sorry. I went to the actual show archived for today. I forgot fake news never is spread by twitter

No worries, you can trust that I'll do some of the filtering out of shaky claims.

I wait until I see multiple verified accounts rather than a tweet by "xX_Sephiroth420_6969_Xx"

:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom