• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I just read that an evangelical magazine has come out in support of removing Trump. While I think it focuses on the impeachment issue, I wonder if it is more directed at the election next year.

I have no idea whether that magazine either has influence or is reflective of the beliefs of its members, but it is an interesting data point as compared to the last presidential election.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just read that an evangelical magazine has come out in support of removing Trump. While I think it focuses on the impeachment issue, I wonder if it is more directed at the election next year.

I have no idea whether that magazine either has influence or is reflective of the beliefs of its members, but it is an interesting data point as compared to the last presidential election.

Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) says his father (Founder of CT magazine) would not have agreed with the piece, and doesn't agree with them invoking his name.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting. Another rift in the part of the fabric of our culture.

Buckle up, buttercup - this will be bumpy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Isn't Franklin Graham a glorified con man?

giphy.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    California, illinois, new york and a bunch of other states are already 21. I thought libtards would be applauding this or maybe TDS won't let them.

This is whataboutism.... I don't think the knives will be out for you, if you decide to criticize the president on this particular issue.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Really wish they would've added an exemption for those in the military. Like stated, old enough to die for your country, but can't indulge in some vices. Think they should let those 18 and serving be able to have a drink as well

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess our now underage boys and girls on the front line can't enjoy a smoke or dip after a long day.

Well, in states that have legalized MJ, they can still buy that at 18 if they get a dispensary card. Plenty o' peeps on INGO are fine with that. Maybe we should just require enrollment in a 'medical tobacco' program to accomodate those 18 year olds; 'medical alcohol', too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    President signs away some more of our freedoms. Raises smoking age from 18 to 21. Is this what winning looks like?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/health/tobacco-age-21-trump-spending-bill-bn/index.html
    Trump didn’t do it by EO. Pretty much everyone is in on that one and are equally to blame. It was Democrat Tim Kaine’s bill. Many states, mostly blue, already have the age jacked up to 21. It seems disingenuous to put this at the feet of Trump when it’s clearly bipartisan, and something Obama or any president we’ve had in my lifetime would have signed under these circumstances.

It was attached to the $1.37 trillion spending bill. Trump got funding for his wall. Every got at least a little piece of America’s ass. If Trump is a mother****er for signing it, then everyone who voted for it is a mother****er too, D or R.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Really wish they would've added an exemption for those in the military. Like stated, old enough to die for your country, but can't indulge in some vices. Think they should let those 18 and serving be able to have a drink as well

I could see this maybe being somewhat enforced in the military in the Sates. Like you can't buy smokes and such on base. I can't see it being enforced overseas.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump didn’t do it by EO. Pretty much everyone is in on that one and are equally to blame. It was Democrat Tim Kaine’s bill. Many states, mostly blue, already have the age jacked up to 21. It seems disingenuous to put this at the feet of Trump when it’s clearly bipartisan, and something Obama or any president we’ve had in my lifetime would have signed under these circumstances.

It was attached to the $1.37 trillion spending bill. Trump got funding for his wall. Every got at least a little piece of America’s ass. If Trump is a mother****er for signing it, then everyone who voted for it is a mother****er too, D or R.

I'm clear.... but he signed it. "The buck stops" where?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom