• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Compromise, make all adult decision making ages 19. Voting,smoking, drinking, military service, whatever else.

No thanks. I prefer to just leave it the way it is. Right now the age restrictions seem to be fairly well, graduate high school and go to basic training. Serve 4 years and go to schooling or the work force. The drinking age being 21 doesn’t stop anybody from drinking before then. My buddy in the army got busted for dui at 19, they sent it to his commander to deal with. He got in trouble with the military but nothing in the civilian world. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No thanks. I prefer to just leave it the way it is. Right now the age restrictions seem to be fairly well, graduate high school and go to basic training. Serve 4 years and go to schooling or the work force. The drinking age being 21 doesn’t stop anybody from drinking before then. My buddy in the army got busted for dui at 19, they sent it to his commander to deal with. He got in trouble with the military but nothing in the civilian world. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

While being well aware the current system isn't perfect, also being cautious of heedless change - especially the flavor of the moment being pushed by interest groups. Being wary of unintended consequences, having a preference for the devil you know over the 'one true change' that will make the world a perfect place

That sounds exactly like what a conservative would do
    :yesway:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It shouldn't. Look who is at the forefront of pretty most every deviation from using 18 as age of adulthood. Notice what they have in common?
    Exactly. They are the same ones that are usually pushing 21 as the age of adulthood. Alcohol, cigarettes, guns....

Those two things are polar opposites.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Exactly. They are the same ones that are usually pushing 21 as the age of adulthood. Alcohol, cigarettes, guns....

Those two things are polar opposites.

Age 26 because they aren't mature enough to be responsible for their own insurance, age 16 to be responsible enough for voting, various ages below 18 for abortions without parental involvement, etc, etc, etc.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow, so this could have fit into many threads, but I'll go with this one for visibility.

CBC deletes Trump from Home Alone 2 broadcast

I mean, how in the world do you justify this?

The CBC, a publicly funded broadcast system, used taxpayer money to edit a film because somebody decided... 27 years in the future... that they don't like Trump. And wasted government time, and money, to take seven seconds out of a movie.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Leftism uses new tools, but never really changes direction:

82mK8dm.jpg

MmLvly3.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wow, so this could have fit into many threads, but I'll go with this one for visibility.

CBC deletes Trump from Home Alone 2 broadcast

This is how they justified it.

ComicBook.com first reported on the omission and they “reached out to the CBC for comment on why Trump was cut from their Home Alone 2 broadcast, and the CBC replied ‘As is often the case with features adapted for television, Home Alone 2 was edited to allow for commercial time within the format.’”

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Were there other scenes cut as well? If trump is 1 of 5 scenes that got cut, the edited for tv defense makes a little more sense.

It's found that it was previously cut in 2015 as Trump was beginning his campaign and being labelled a "racist"

Lends more weight to the "petty" excuse

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom