• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really wish they would've added an exemption for those in the military. Like stated, old enough to die for your country, but can't indulge in some vices. Think they should let those 18 and serving be able to have a drink as well

Disagree. While I understand the sentiment, freedoms are freedoms. Don't restrict them... for anybody. Carving out exceptions is a bad thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, in states that have legalized MJ, they can still buy that at 18 if they get a dispensary card. Plenty o' peeps on INGO are fine with that. Maybe we should just require enrollment in a 'medical tobacco' program to accomodate those 18 year olds; 'medical alcohol', too.
    Yep. ***damn straight I’m fine with that. Freer on these kinds of issues is better. If young men and women are old enough to decide to put their lives on the line in service, they’re old enough to decide to drink or smoke. It’s not your or my business.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Flip side of the argument though, would be if am 18 year old isn't mature enough to buy these products, maybe hes not old enough to decide to be a part of the military. But I guess the govt has a vested interest in letting kids make that decision before they're 21.

Also why is everything 18 or 21, is there no middle ground when deciding what age we can make our own decisions?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm clear.... but he signed it. "The buck stops" where?
    How many presidents have signed budgets and bills that they wanted to pass but also had another bill they didn’t want attached to it? Just about every president ever. If he had to sign a bill to get his wall funding, at the expense of raising the age of people to smoke or chew a known health issue, so be it. I really don’t see this as something to get the pitch forks out over. Especially after what’s happened this week.

If you think im gonna begin criticizing a guy for a nothing burger like this, nope. After what the left has done to the guy this past week I hope he jabs a fork in every damn one of their eyes and writes EO after EO until he has carpal tunnel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm clear.... but he signed it. "The buck stops" where?

This is just an excuse to TDS. The buck stops anywhere along the line. It had bipartisan support. Kaine, a Democrat, didn’t have to write the bill. It was a compromise inserted by democrats to get those **********s to go along with the overall bill.

Interesting that the **********s will give the president his ****ing wall funding when there’s enough of America’s ass in it for them.

“Oh, the border wall is so immoral. It’s racist. It’s inhuman. Trump is so evil! Open borders! :rockwoot: Oh wait. If you give us a piece of America’s ass we’ll vote for wall funding.” :rolleyes:

**********s

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Flip side of the argument though, would be if am 18 year old isn't mature enough to buy these products, maybe hes not old enough to decide to be a part of the military. But I guess the govt has a vested interest in letting kids make that decision before they're 21.

Also why is everything 18 or 21, is there no middle ground when deciding what age we can make our own decisions?

Drinking age isn’t a federal law. It’s state. The feds just persuade the state to make it 21 by withholding their highway funds if they make the age 18.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Also im not necessarily dug in on our 18 is an adult decision, 19 would be fine with me.

Ya ya, I know kids are all irresponsible *****s now a days and when you were 15 you'd already knocked a girl up and you were working 12 hour days in a factory to support your family.
    Just because we used to do it a certain way, I'm not yet convinced, means it's the best way to do things.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Can't smoke or drink till you're 21 cause you're not mature enough to make those decisions... But we want you to be able to vote at 16 cause we think you can handle that

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many presidents have signed budgets and bills that they wanted to pass but also had another bill they didn’t want attached to it? Just about every president ever. If he had to sign a bill to get his wall funding, at the expense of raising the age of people to smoke or chew a known health issue, so be it. I really don’t see this as something to get the pitch forks out over. Especially after what’s happened this week.

If you think im gonna begin criticizing a guy for a nothing burger like this, nope. After what the left has done to the guy this past week I hope he jabs a fork in every damn one of their eyes and writes EO after EO until he has carpal tunnel.
    If we’re getting the pitchforks out, it’s for everyone who was involved it its passage. Kut would be arguing for that if it were Obama.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Also im not necessarily dug in on our 18 is an adult decision, 19 would be fine with me.

Ya ya, I know kids are all irresponsible *****s now a days and when you were 15 you'd already knocked a girl up and you were working 12 hour days in a factory to support your family.
    Just because we used to do it a certain way, I'm not yet convinced, means it's the best way to do things.

Regardless of laws that define such things -the age at which people start acting like adults has been rising over the years.

Seems to be at least up to 30 now.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If we’re getting the pitchforks out, it’s for everyone who was involved it its passage. Kut would be arguing for that if it were Obama.

Exactly right. If not arguing for it, he would definitely be defending it. Trump could solve world hunger, but to kut it wouldn’t mean anything because he has impeachment lingering over his head :rolleyes:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Can't smoke or drink till you're 21 cause you're not mature enough to make those decisions... But we want you to be able to vote at 16 cause we think you can handle that

Compromise, make all adult decision making ages 19. Voting,smoking, drinking, military service, whatever else.

Im sure kids would be happier that they can drink in college than they'll be upset they cant buy smokes in high school.

Force kids to do something for a year before joining the military, be sure its actually something they want to do rather than it just being something to do straight out of high school.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Regardless of laws that define such things -the age at which people start acting like adults has been rising over the years.

Seems to be at least up to 30 now.

Heard on the radio a few years back the average age of people staying in their parents house is 30 now. WTF?!? 30?!?!?

Im guessing these people aren’t getting laid, holding a full time job, and want Bernie to give them a free house. Morons

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom