• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hosting the G7 has a profit tail attached to it.

"I stayed in the same suite that the Prime Minister of England stayed in."

Also, for a business like a hotel, there are fixed costs just from being open. If the occupancy/rate doesn't meet that in the down months, then you lose money that you need to make up.

Even operating "at cost" (which, itself, is a definitional nightmare), that allows the hotel to keep the doors open and averages out the down months at a higher profit.

When considering the location, his other conflicty problem is grounded in the fact he is what he is: a real estate mogul. Any non-Trump property he picked would be a competitor in the market. No way he chooses a competitor.

Finally, my understanding is that each country pays the expenses associated with their delegation, to include a portion of the security.

The Doral property profitability has been decreasing. Objectively, this will help mitigate that, while depriving a competitor of a huge event.

And he got to choose.

So essentially, he gives considerations to his personal businesses, when conducting the affairs of state?
    One other thing, the month when this even will be held, is ,traditionally, the worst performing month for the hotel.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So apparently the president referred to General Mattis as the "most Overrate General in the World." Mattis responds...

Oh yeah he did...

...Trump said Mattis was "the world's most overrated general. You know why? He wasn't tough enough."

"I captured ISIS," Trump went on to say.

Mattis has stayed low key since leaving the administration, but I think he's had about enough of Trump talking :poop:.

I doubt anyone has ever called Mattis' toughness into question. I doubt he cared for it, but considering the source, he probably laughed at it.

But what I'll bet really ruffled his feathers was the "I captured ISIS" part. He knows better than anyone that the success we enjoyed against ISIS in Syria is thanks to the Kurdish fighters that Trump just screwed. That likely pissed him off more than any grade school taunts from Trump.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Jump back one more post above my first one. Unless you are teal colorblind, you'll see that Bug first mentioned the issue.

If you have an opinion on security a Doral, state it.

If you are simply hounding me (nonobaddog...heh, heh,) fuggedaboutit.

This has been like talking to my hairbrush.

Opinion on security - security at G7 summits has been quite impressive in the past and I have no doubt that will continue at all future venues.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When do you start to give a ****? I view the choosing of the Trump Doral - Miami, as a violation of the Constitution; the emoluments clause specifically. It seems this president, acting unilaterally, don't really seem to "give a ****" either, it just happens, it's the Constitution we're talking about.

I said I stopped giving a ****. That implies that I once gave a **** because ****s had to be once given to stop giving them now. I would rather presidents behaved with the decorum of the office, I'd rather they didn't try to enrich themselves through the execution of their duties. But I'd also like to live in a sane world where pursuit of happiness is possible for the most people. Yes. It's that kind of dichotomy. Few people can pursue happiness in the world the far left proposes. And the debates have exposed every democrat candidate's participation in the dystopic progression.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing. I did not want Trump to win. I'd rather someone else had won the nomination. But it is what it is.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    One other thing. I did not want Trump to win. I'd rather someone else had won the nomination. But it is what it is.

I agree. I didn't want Trump to win the nomination either. But he did and he has done a surprisingly good job in spite of the dumocrap's obstruction.
    The nomination process in the US can sometimes leave the voters with choices they would not prefer to have.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm predicting Romney will be brought in once Trump is run out of town on a rail, or resigns. Pence is not the right guy after associating with this administration.

On the security issue. Camp David is a much more secure location and has been used in the past. Doral is a huge property with no natural border defenses. Even Canada, with the St. Lawrence River protecting one side of that venue, had the military there and stationed every 20 feet around the perimeter.

So, the cost of holding it in Doral, which is largely born by the host country, will be YUGE. Camp David would be a better location. Or some remote site.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Then you wasted a lot of electrons for no reason. And the proper response is "I don't care". You shouldn't presume you know what everyone else thinks. If you did, you wouldn't have posed the line of inquiry in the first place. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Cost is cost amigo. Full cost means everything.

Exclusion of protestors? You might want to look at Google satellite.

Did you? There are three courses there. About a two mile by two mile area of private property, where protesters can be pushed to the boundary and kept there by SS and police. You might want to call up the images of forlorn and unnoticed protesters miles from anything and anyone as GWB's motorcades and those of his guests swept by them on the way to Prairie Chapel Ranch. Miami ain't Seattle or Toronto

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You do realize how big a "two mile by two mile" area is, don't you?

It isn't an ideal location. It isn't as secure as Camp David. It will easily be much more costly than Camp David.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't see how it's projected to lose money. 2 days of every major news service reporting about the G7 at Trump Doral - Miami. That seems like a pretty fair bit of free advertising.

Apparently the report was having issues turing a profit...
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/busine...0190515-35vrqyviqbci5f47oc7c53j2au-story.html

I don't think you've thought this through. Is this kind of circus atmosphere and scrutiny what those who can afford an exclusive club membership (and their guests) are looking for? If not, how does the 'free advertising' advantage Doral in any way. Do leftist protests make you want to live in West Lafayette - oops, sorry. Forgot you live in Carmel. Carry on, comrade

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Then you should have an opinion. Why is it necessary for me to state one?

This seems to be a way of doing business on INGO that must scratch some herding itch.

If Bug wishes to respond it might be worth pursuing. All of these other "Well, you haven't shown us yours" is something that I avoided going along with since 1st grade.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/qu...t-la-malbaie-braces-for-world-leaders-arrival

Bug eats and sleeps according to an arguably 'normal' schedule

We see the "rope-a-dope" strategy, and we think we know which dope is getting roped

Since you were obviously not in agreement with what you think I said, do you really need any further input from me to run with it? (You've got it by the way, I respond chronologically to posts as i read in from the last post I was cognizant of. By all means enlighten me to my errors, we can hardly wait()

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bug double taps, too. :)

I provided you an answer. The map. You note yourself that the area encompasses almost 4 sq miles and have no issue with that. You quote "private property" as if that is inviolate to crazy radicals looking to interrupt the meeting, as they have done in times past.

Camp David. Secure. Cheaper.

Canada had 6,000 troops guarding the meeting. They spent $3.5 million on temporary security fencing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm predicting Romney will be brought in once Trump is run out of town on a rail, or resigns. Pence is not the right guy [STRIKE]after associating with this administration[/STRIKE] [to capitulate to the Chamber of Commerce and the Club for Growth].

Fixy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom