• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    OK, I looked at it. Why did you say to look at it? And why can't you say what you mean?

This is what started you into the rabbit hole. It wasn't me.

And as it's private property, it likely allows more comprehensive control of protesters

I told him to look at the map.

If you seek other meaning, it isn't there.

Since Bug has not responded, I see no reason to comment further on it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump might even lose money holding the G7 conference there. With all the foreign leaders there they will probably have to close parts of the place to other customers for security reasons where they could have been making money on the whole place.

But TDS impaired folks don't need facts to get their panties all wadded.

I don't see how it's projected to lose money. 2 days of every major news service reporting about the G7 at Trump Doral - Miami. That seems like a pretty fair bit of free advertising.

Apparently the report was having issues turing a profit...
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/busine...0190515-35vrqyviqbci5f47oc7c53j2au-story.html

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So apparently the president referred to General Mattis as the "most Overrate General in the World." Mattis responds:
    (first two minutes)
    [video=youtube;g_sG7N7pJ6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_sG7N7pJ6g[/video]

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Cost is cost amigo. Full cost means everything.

Exclusion of protestors? You might want to look at Google satellite.

I think you underestimate the security involved for one of these summits.

At's funny right there. I said nothing about security. Bad Dog. :)

I thought you were implying it would be difficult to keep out protesters. What did you really mean?

Simply look at the satellite image on google. Use your own judgement.

OK, I looked at it. Why did you say to look at it? And why can't you say what you mean?

Don't be so disingenuous. You said to me "Simply look at the satellite image on google. Use your own judgement."
    Sooo... Why? I am curious too, you said it wasn't about security so what was it about? Just say it man!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Jump back one more post above my first one. Unless you are teal colorblind, you'll see that Bug first mentioned the issue.

If you have an opinion on security a Doral, state it.

If you are simply hounding me (nonobaddog...heh, heh,) fuggedaboutit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

but c’mon: that does imply that we’re talking about security, at least a little. It was a reasonable inference to make.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hosting the G7 has a profit tail attached to it.

"I stayed in the same suite that the Prime Minister of England stayed in."

Also, for a business like a hotel, there are fixed costs just from being open. If the occupancy/rate doesn't meet that in the down months, then you lose money that you need to make up.

Even operating "at cost" (which, itself, is a definitional nightmare), that allows the hotel to keep the doors open and averages out the down months at a higher profit.

When considering the location, his other conflicty problem is grounded in the fact he is what he is: a real estate mogul. Any non-Trump property he picked would be a competitor in the market. No way he chooses a competitor.

Finally, my understanding is that each country pays the expenses associated with their delegation, to include a portion of the security.

The Doral property profitability has been decreasing. Objectively, this will help mitigate that, while depriving a competitor of a huge event.

And he got to choose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then you should have an opinion. Why is it necessary for me to state one?

This seems to be a way of doing business on INGO that must scratch some herding itch.

If Bug wishes to respond it might be worth pursuing. All of these other "Well, you haven't shown us yours" is something that I avoided going along with since 1st grade.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/qu...t-la-malbaie-braces-for-world-leaders-arrival

1) I don’t have an opinion on the venue for G7. Dude wrote an idiotic letter to Turkey’s head of state. I’m done caring. Just blow this **** up already.

2) Who is requiring your opinion? You made some reference to protesters or whatever and google maps. The guy replied with something about security, a reasonable interpretation of your post. And then you get kinda grumpy about it.

I’ve noticed that I’ve been less grumpy when I don’t give a ****. Maybe that could work for you too. The world will spin the way it does whether I give a **** about it or not. We live in a world where idiots become heads of state and prove they’re idiots every day.

And it’s not like there’s a viable alternative. It’s a choice between an idiot who is an embarrassment, but otherwise mostly harmless. Or a bat**** crazy Democrats whose mob-rule dystopia no one can pursue a decent life in. I say **** it. I don’t care. I’ll just close my eyes and vote for the idiot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1) I don’t have an opinion on the venue for G7. Dude wrote an idiotic letter to Turkey’s head of state. I’m done caring. Just blow this **** up already.

2) Who is requiring your opinion? You made some reference to protesters or whatever and google maps. The guy replied with something about security, a reasonable interpretation of your post. And then you get kinda grumpy about it.

I’ve noticed that I’ve been less grumpy when I don’t give a ****. Maybe that could work for you too. The world will spin the way it does whether I give a **** about it or not. We live in a world where idiots become heads of state and prove they’re idiots every day.

And it’s not like there’s a viable alternative. It’s a choice between an idiot who is an embarrassment, but otherwise mostly harmless. Or a bat**** crazy Democrats whose mob-rule dystopia no one can pursue a decent life in. I say **** it. I don’t care. I’ll just close my eyes and vote for the idiot.

When do you start to give a ****? I view the choosing of the Trump Doral - Miami, as a violation of the Constitution; the emoluments clause specifically. It seems this president, acting unilaterally, don't really seem to "give a ****" either, it just happens, it's the Constitution we're talking about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom